News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 With Telemex in Mexico

Started by scooterbum, February 11, 2013, 11:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooterbum

I live in Mexico and use an OBI100 with google voice for calls to us and Canada. It work fine - no problem.
I also have a local Mexican land line (Telemex) for local calls.

I am considering purchasing an OBI110 -  and eliminating one telephone set - having the Telemex land line use the line port on the OBI 110 and Google voice for the internet port.
Will this work?
Has anyone on this board set this up and got it working?
Thanks
Juan

ateo

Quote from: scooterbum on February 11, 2013, 11:25:11 AM
I am considering purchasing an OBI110 -  and eliminating one telephone set - having the Telemex land line use the line port on the OBI 110 and Google voice for the internet port.
Will this work?
Thanks
Juan

Hola Juan,
Yes it works.  I have relatives in Mexico and the OBi110 works great.

hayloc

Quote from: scooterbum on February 11, 2013, 11:25:11 AM
I live in Mexico and use an OBI100 with google voice for calls to us and Canada. It work fine - no problem.
I also have a local Mexican land line (Telemex) for local calls.

Will this work?
Thanks
Juan

I'm currently using it in Mexico with Telmex, you just have to adjust the call routes so that calls to the US and Canada are made over google voice and local calls through the land line port.

TrapDoor

I'm using a 110 in Mexico with Telmex service and its interaction with the landline has been faultless. Now I can make local landline calls from my home in the U.S. for free. And local friends on the trusted callers list can call the U.S. using GV. Once in a while network congestion makes for raspy audio but all things considered it's a winner!