News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anybody seen this weird one before ???

Started by Pepi, February 13, 2013, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepi

I had my old landline ported over to my Google Voice account.  It worked fine for about one week. Now when I use it the outgoing signal is cutting out.  If I have someone call my other number on my GV account that is still alive ... it works fine ???

Rick

Quote from: Pepi on February 13, 2013, 06:39:36 PM
I had my old landline ported over to my Google Voice account.  It worked fine for about one week. Now when I use it the outgoing signal is cutting out.  If I have someone call my other number on my GV account that is still alive ... it works fine ???

That has nothing to do with porting.  I suggest you examine the settings for each account on your OBi, AND try both lines directly from your PC.  If the settings match, and the PC calls work perfectly, then check the phone that is plugged into the OBi or if you're using different phones swap them.

If you can't figure it out, come back with specifics.

What does "outgoing signal is cutting out" mean? 

You say if you have someone call you other number on your Google Voice account that is still alive it works fine.  What does that mean?  If you're having issue on "outbound", why would a good test on inbound tell you anything?

Are both GV numbers hooked into the OBi?

Does the problem occur only on calls you make versus calls you receive?

If it happens on all calls, is your voice what cuts out?