News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound calls - which service to use?

Started by nockam, September 01, 2011, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nockam

Please forgive me for the basic question, i just got my device today.

I have two different Google Voice services setup (SP1 (default) & SP2). Inbound works great for both services, and outbound works for the first service since it is the default.

Question is, when I make an outbound call how can I select the 2nd service? I know i can make it default but i want to pick which line to use each time.

Thanks!

jimates

If sp1 is default, prepend **2 to the number you are dialing to send the call out on sp2.
**2 123 456 7890 for 10 digit dialing
**2 456 7890 for 7 digit dialing

I have mine set to give a second dial tone after dialing **2, then I dial the number normally.

for second dial tone:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

edit for second dial tone
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**8{t=od}(Mli)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

RonR

Quote from: nockam on September 01, 2011, 11:43:47 PM
Question is, when I make an outbound call how can I select the 2nd service? I know i can make it default but i want to pick which line to use each time.

The default outbound trunk for calling is selected by:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

An alternate trunk can be selected when dialing by using:

**1 + number  ->  SP1 Service
**2 + number  ->  SP2 Service
**8 + number  ->  PSTN Line
**9 + number  ->  OBiTALK Service

nockam

Thanks everyone this fully answered my question!

I am looking forward to learning more about what all I can do with this device and hopefully help contribute back to the community someday.

kenhu2000ca

Hi guys,
I have OBI110, with a LINE Port (PSTN) Service, SIP 1 service, SIP 2 service.

I know how to select SIP1 or SIP2 at default call out, but how can I select  LINE Port (PSTN) Service as on top of the default?
i.e.: I want to dial out directly by using PSTN, and
**1 for SIP1
**2 for SIP2

Thank you

QBZappy

kenhu2000ca,

Welcome

'#' key will give you the PSTN without the OBi doing any dial plan manipulation/verification, or select the PSTN as the primary line in your config. All call will automatically use PSTN in that case.

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port->PrimaryLine = PSTN Line
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.