News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 - it works great with Google Voice!!!

Started by SkierInAvon, February 22, 2013, 08:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkierInAvon

It Works as Advertised!!!!  Obi100 & Google Voice - I love it!

Just got it work in Avon, Colorado - with my Internet provider Comcast!

Dumped Vonage at $34.95/month!!!!  Now it's FREE!!!!

Here's how I kept my single office line phone number from Vonage!

1 - bought the cheapest AT&T mobile GOPhone I could find at Wal~Mart.  $14.95.  It's a pay as you go phone, I never used.  Once activated with AT&T - I told AT&T (this was FREE service) to move my Vonage Number to my new GoPhone, mobile phone.  Took 3 days.

2 - Now that my original office phone number was now an offical mobile number - Google Voice agreed (online at the GV web site) to move that mobile number to Google Voice.  One time charge online ($20.00 google voice) to do this.  Just like Google Voice promised - it took exactly 24 hours.

3 - Now that I had my original office phone number as my officail Google Voice phone number - I was ready to configure my Obi100 - to use the FREE Google Voice number!
Easy!

Works Great!!!

What now?  Am going to de-activate/de-commision my AT&T GoPhone account - sell the GoPhone to my buddy at my cost - SO HE CAN DO THE SAME THING I JUST DID WITH HIS CURRENT LAND LINE!!!!

HA!  Pass the Go Phone, not the buck!!!! ;)

Skier in Avon, Colorado!

Rick

It's too bad you didn't ask the forum for help, because then we could get you to pay with free lodging while we ski at Vail...   :(

SkierInAvon

We use our 2 meter Ham Radio - while skiing in Vail.  I have a season's pass for skiing at Vail.
Vail 12 miles from my home.  Free parking too!

http://k0rv.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/scarc-ski-day-vail-mountain-2013/

Rick

If you check the forum rules, "Rubbing our faces in it" is prohibited...  :)