News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 takes good 15-20 seconds before terminating a POTS call

Started by HoTiCE, February 26, 2013, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoTiCE

Hi,
New OBI user here.

Got a OBI110 for my parents and I havn't been able to fix this issue for them:

Bell POTS line is plugged in and working in parallel right now with POTS. As I understand and verified, default outgoing calls go through POTS.

Ever since we had the OBI110, outgoing calls through the POTS line take a good 15-20 seconds to complete once all the digits have been dialed.

Removing the OBI110 from the mix, calls return to "normal" and it  rings almost instantaneously after dialing all the (10) digits.

Any insights?

ianobi

HoTiCE - welcome to the forum.

The problem lies here:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

This is the default setting and does not take account of ten digit numbers. The xx. rule matches any number of any digits, but waits for ten seconds to see if you have finished dialling. So you get ten seconds delay plus seizing the line and sending out the digits. Change the digit map to this:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

To make the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages: From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot.

There are some other settings that can be changed to shave off a little more delay, but see how you get on with that first.