News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting SP 2 as the primary dial out/ring in line

Started by bigbear216, February 26, 2013, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbear216

I am new to this thing, and I have GV set up on SP1 and callcentric on SP2. I remember being asked if I wanted to use SP1 as the primary line when I set the thing up, but now I want to change the primary line to SP2, or the call centric line. Is there a way to do this?  I have read some posts and tried it but the software seems to have changed since 2011 and I can't change the settings. I have the OBi110.

ianobi

bigbear216 - welcome to the forum.

These two settings control your Primary Line:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine

To make the changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages: From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

bigbear216

I have accessed the expert config page and the "Phone Port" under the physical interfaces>phone and also under the voice service>auto attendant are set to SP1 and cannot be changed. The setting seems to be fixed and there is a red !!! mark next to it.  Should I, at this point, do a factory reset and start all over again?

bigbear216

I have now tried accessing these settings in both the web interface (192.168.....) and also on the website. On the web interface it will allow me to change the primary line to SP2, but when I go to reboot and then look at the settings again, they have re-defaulted to SP1. It makes me want to just reset all of everything and start all over again. something isn't working right.

RFord

You have to make the changes on the OBi Dashboard.  You first have to uncheck the boxes (OBiTALK Settings and Device Default).  Once the boxes are unchecked, you can change the value from the pull down menu. 

The changes cannot be made from the local web page (192.168.....), since it will be overwritten by the settings on the Dashboard.  You need to spend some time understanding the basic workings of the device.  There is a huge gap in your knowledge base.  Reading and search a specific issue on the forum will help getting you up to speed.  Pretty much 95% of your questions can be answered in you do a simple search!

azrobert

Quote from: bigbear216 on February 28, 2013, 03:03:31 PM
I have now tried accessing these settings in both the web interface (192.168.....) and also on the website. On the web interface it will allow me to change the primary line to SP2, but when I go to reboot and then look at the settings again, they have re-defaulted to SP1. It makes me want to just reset all of everything and start all over again. something isn't working right.

If you want to update your OBi using the web interface change the following:

System Management/Auto Provisioning/OBiTalk Provisioning/Method=Disabled

Now OBiTalk will not override your changes made from the web.

After this change you CANNOT make configuration changes via OBiTalk.
You can only use one method.

See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109