News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

confused - GV and OBI slight issue, need help.

Started by tmaher, January 03, 2013, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmaher

Hey all - I am literally on day 1 of using the OBI, so far so good but I have one lingering question. Maybe 2, or 3 :)

When I set up my GV number I made it so calls to that GV number would be forwarded to my Cell, my Home (where OBI is), and Google chat and that all seems to be working as it should. However, if I try to call from my Home or Cell to my GV number I get the GV attendant and not the OBI AA.

Here's where it seems to be a problem. I have a second OBI in Spain and I bought these 110's so I could call between them for free. So, say I'm on the road here in the US and I want to make a free call to Spain from my cell phone I only get the GV attendant and I would have to place the call for a fee through GV (yes, it's cheap but that defeats my purpose) then of course we have the OBiON app that seems to be another one-way street. Sure, I can speed dial into the 110 at my home and then I guess contact the other OBI in Spain and vice versa but doing that wont ring multiple phones (cell, home, etc). Also in reverse the OBiON app needs to be open to receive calls and thats not how iPhones work so that kind of blows that your soft phone is only reachable if the app is on/open.

Is there anyway to have the OBi ring multiple phones without having to use GV?

Also, I have noticed that is a person who is in your trusted circle calls your GV number they get the AA which is great and all but many times when they press 1 to continue the call they get a message saying that service is not available.

I guess the issue is simple - if your number is in GV as a forward to number you can not reach the Obi AA even if you're number is in the trusted circle. But if your number is in the trusted circle but NOT a GV forward to number you can get to the Obi AA.

one last thing - when I'm on a call using GV and someone calls into my landline number I hear a beep of sorts, is there a way for me to toggle between the calls?

Thanks.

Ps. Also, can you have more than one Soft Phone? Will it have it's own number?

Cruzin

After you set up forwarding to your cell phone, Go to Google Voice and choose settings and then Phones.  You will see your cell phone listed.  Under your cell phone choose edit. Then click: Show advanced Settings.  You will see Voicemail Access.  Make sure that you choose: No (requires pressing star during greeting - default for non-mobile phones" Then click save.
Now when you call your home phone from your cell, your home phone will ring.  If you want to get your messages, hit star during your greeting and you will get messages.
Hope this helps.
Jim