News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multi Line Phone on the OBi202

Started by theshiv, March 03, 2013, 09:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshiv

Hi all,

I have the OBi100 for my home, and it's great. I work at a small non-profit, so I'm thinking we could benefit from using the 202 at work and get rid of our large phone bills. However, I'm a bit confused on how it would work exactly.

At work we have one "main" number and one fax number. In addition to the "main" number, we have an unpublished secondary line. Both are plugged into a two-line phone, which has a port for line 1 and another for line 2. When someone calls and line 1 is occupied, the phone itself will send the call to line 2. The caller does not need to dial a different number. This is really beneficial.

The OBi202 has two ports on the back, and we need one set up for fax. How can I make the above scenario work with only one port, but two ports on the phone itself? Will a simple splitter work?

My idea is to be able to have our main number act as the primary number (obviously), and have a second number act purely to allow operation of the second line. So even if we call out on the second line, the "main" number still shows on the caller id.

I know the OBi202 can handle 4 numbers, but I just don't know how to make it work in practice.

Any help would be appreciated!