News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Softphone not ringing

Started by MrBi11, March 03, 2013, 10:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBi11

With some help from obi support, i think its finally trying to ring my softphone. Using a 3cx softphone with obiapp.

It makes outbound calls ok.

Inbound calls it immediately reports as missed calls.

ObiApp thinks the softphone is registered.

This could be because...?

Franco

I am using Obi 202 and android ObiOn app.
Using the ObiOn app I can make outbound calls but inbound calls do not ring the ObiOn app.
This ObiOn app is loaded on the Android cell phone registered with Google Voice for the verification.

I have 2 Obi # (gateways?) on the ObiTalk dashboard, one is for the Obi 202 box and one is for the ObiOn softphone app.
if I dial **9....obiON number from SP1 phone then the ObiOn app rings.
What I want is for the ObiOn softphone to also ring when SP1 rings on the Obi 202 connected phones.

Thanks for your guidance.

Quote from: MrBi11 on March 03, 2013, 10:23:07 AM
With some help from obi support, i think its finally trying to ring my softphone. Using a 3cx softphone with obiapp.

It makes outbound calls ok.

Inbound calls it immediately reports as missed calls.

ObiApp thinks the softphone is registered.

This could be because...?

Franco

To make the ObiOn softphone ring use the procedure shown on the FAQ:
http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html
Make sure to deselect both checks marks to make the edits and to save the new configuration.

How do I make incoming calls ring my OBi's phone, but also the soft phone or another OBi No.?
1. Go to www.obitalk.com -> click your OBi device -> Enter: OBi Expert Configuration
2. Go to -> Voice Services -> SP1 Service
3. Set X_InboundCallRoute to include your other OBi No.
The value has two settings for those incoming numbers to be picked up by the OBi attendant and others to ring the phone: {ph}.
If you have a soft phone with OBi No. 290123456 and a 2nd OBi110 with OBi No. 200987654, You can modify the above X_InboundCalRoute to {ph, pp(ob290123456), pp(ob200987654)}. No need to include your 1st device's OBi No.

newInforum

Thanks.
I followed the instructions here by adding:

{(x.603134234|x.6031231345):aa},{ph2,ph1,pp(ob29012345)}

now whenever dial the sp2's s number, my softphone on ob20912345 will showing incoming call, and could be answered by press the button. but there is no ringing tone on softphone.

Quote from: Franco on May 04, 2013, 10:36:30 PM
To make the ObiOn softphone ring use the procedure shown on the FAQ:
http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html
Make sure to deselect both checks marks to make the edits and to save the new configuration.

How do I make incoming calls ring my OBi's phone, but also the soft phone or another OBi No.?
1. Go to www.obitalk.com -> click your OBi device -> Enter: OBi Expert Configuration
2. Go to -> Voice Services -> SP1 Service
3. Set X_InboundCallRoute to include your other OBi No.
The value has two settings for those incoming numbers to be picked up by the OBi attendant and others to ring the phone: {ph}.
If you have a soft phone with OBi No. 290123456 and a 2nd OBi110 with OBi No. 200987654, You can modify the above X_InboundCalRoute to {ph, pp(ob290123456), pp(ob200987654)}. No need to include your 1st device's OBi No.