News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBi100 - Unable to Add Device at OBiTalk

Started by NETMAN, October 12, 2012, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NETMAN

I just purchased an OBi100, my first OBi device of what will hopefully be many more.

I have connected and powered on the device and have a solid green power light.

I am able to call the echo test 222222222 number without problem, and I am able to call the "sending your number to the server" number when I run Add Device at ObiTalk.com - I hang up as instructed when I hear the message beginning "The number you dialed, * * ..."

However, the device never gets confirmed.

I am plugged directly into a switch that then goes to the router built into my Comcast cable modem, a SMC8014. Though it is not a Westtell or ActionTec, The SMC8014 has its firewall disabled. I also went in and tried setting up both Port Forwarding and Port Triggering for ports 5060-5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305, 6800, and 5222-5223. No change.

Also in our office and on the same coax line we have Comcast VoIP service using an Arris TM608G coax-to-POTS box, but since it is a coax line going into the Arris, I don't think (could be wrong?) that it would be siphoning off any particular port, since it never goes through the internet cable modem.

I have searched the forums and support sites and cannot figure out what needs to be done to successfully Add Device.

What am I missing?
Or how can I check further to find out what the problem is?

FWIW, I tried submitting an email support request at
http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

But that page just times out and causes an error when trying to submit.

Thank you for your time and any thoughts.

QBZappy

Quote from: NETMAN on October 12, 2012, 10:50:03 AM
Also in our office ...

To avoid wasting time troubleshooting your office set up, it may be simpler to Add Device from your home. Once the device is added there, it should be able work from the office.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Quote from: QBZappy on October 12, 2012, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: NETMAN on October 12, 2012, 10:50:03 AM
Also in our office ...

To avoid wasting time troubleshooting your office set up, it may be simpler to Add Device from your home. Once the device is added there, it should be able work from the office.
I was thinking on the same line. Just get the device added to the account. But is there a communication problem between the Obi and Obitalk when this happens. If so the device will likely not be manageable from the portal even though it exists in the account. It may also show a status as offline.

garynj

I am having the same problem with two Obi100 devices.  I'm using a Cisco Valet router with all the required ports open.  I am ready to sent the devices back if I cannot get an answer to the problem

guyinsb

I had the same problem; cleared up after I powercycled my home router (Cisco wrt160n running Tomato firmware).