News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Should I turn off Call Screening in Google Voice Settings

Started by cdcooker, April 01, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdcooker

Hi, I am newbie here and I want to know if I should turn off Call Screening in Google Voice Settings.

Thanks

jimates

Most people do, it depends on whether you want to screen your calls or not.

MichiganTelephone

Actually, until Google Voice fixes the longstanding bug where the Call Screening option is ignored on calls to a Google Chat destination (it is always on, no matter how you set it) it really will make no difference.  When the OBi answers the call it immediately sends a DTMF 1 to get around that bug (you can turn that off in the OBi device settings if you really want to screen calls, but I think most people don't much care for that feature).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Flick

Pardon me, how might one turn off the automatic sending of the DTMF 1 for Google Voice calls? I want to be able to hear the call screening. Thank you.

RonR

Quote from: Flick on January 13, 2012, 10:04:57 AM
Pardon me, how might one turn off the automatic sending of the DTMF 1 for Google Voice calls? I want to be able to hear the call screening. Thank you.

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (unchecked)