News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 going directly to voicemail

Started by dudlee, March 24, 2013, 03:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudlee

Had an obi110 setup for daughter for last couple of years.  She was using it at college.  Has not been used for a year and I just tried connecting it again. It will call out without problem.  Whenever you call the Obi110 it goes directly to voicemail with no rings for the caller or rings from the obi110.

I have "Forward calls to Google Chat" checked.
I have call screening turned off.

When I call any number from Google Voice it rings the obi phone.  When I pick it up it then connects to the number that was dialed.  I have tried dialing *72 and get a solid tone that does not stop.  I have tried dialing *73 and it just goes back to the dial tone.

I did a hard reset of the Obi110 and reinstalled it but that did not work.  Any help would be appreciated.  She will just be using it as a backup land line with nothing fancy, just calls out and calls in.

Rick

Click EDIT under Forward Calls to Google Chat.  You likely have a Ring Schedule  selected that stops the phone was ringing.  If this was her GV, and she was in college, she likely had it set to not ring to sleep in, study....

You've proven the phone accepts calls from GV, so this is likely it.

dudlee

Thanks Rick.  I rechecked that and it looked good.  This was consuming too much of my time trying to figure it out, so i just got a new google voice number, deleted the old one, added the new one, and now it works perfect as it always has.  I have 3 Obi's running for my kids for their landlines.  They have all worked perfectly, and this is the first glitch I have encountered.  I am sure there is a check mark somewhere that got unchecked or checked.  I spent a few hours trying to find it and finally gave up.

Always appreciate any input, as I am far from knowledgeable on Obi tweaks. What a great device!