News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Changed my internet modem...Now how to fix my google voice to work again?

Started by robby, March 25, 2013, 05:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robby

I just changed my internet modem and of course my google voice now doesnt work. I am using an obi 100. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not good at these things!  :'(

Shale

Edit: I originally said modem when I should have said router. My current modem+router is a combo. Anyway, I see that the power-cycling suggestion was the cure. Here is what I had meant to say, even though it is no longer relevant:

Try putting your modem router model number into the search box above. Try the model with and without the hyphen if applicable.

Read http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=33.0

If QOS is on, turn it off for now.
If you are doing DMZ or port forwarding, turn it off for now.
If you changed any settings other than WiFi settings on your modem, change them back for now.
What happens if you dial **9 222 222 2222?
If you post about your problem again, identify your modem router model, and maybe version. Identify changes you have made in the settings.

I have not experienced a problem getting VOIP through a modem router. I did read other posts that suggest the above may be useful.

robby

modem is a motorola sb5101, nothing showing in search.
I dont know what QOS is, but I havent changed anything besides changing modems.
I only have the basic settings set, as I am clueless to this kind of stuff.
I called **92222222222 and received message that there is no service available to complete your call.

So somewhere in my settings I need to make a change due to changing modems?
One wire from the obi100 goes into my wireless router that then hooks up to the modem. The router stayed the same.

Rick

If you're using the internet over that router right now, then try unplugging the OBi and then plugging it back in.

If that doesn't work, did you change your Google password recently?

robby

Rick, THANKS! Yes, as simple as unplugging and plugging back in.  Working now. Thanks guys!

Rick

Glad to help.  Often the OBi, and other devices connected, is too "dumb" to figure out how to get a new address or how to re-establish the connection.  Very frustrating.