News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delay ring on one sp to give priority to the other sp

Started by VOIPisGreat, March 26, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIPisGreat

I have GV on sp1 and Callcentric on sp2. Incoming calls to GV are forwarded to the Callcentric DID.

It works great most of the time, but once in a while some incoming calls fall thru the cracks and never reach Callcentric. In those cases, my phone would not ring and I missed the calls.

So I am thinking to activate "forward to gchat" in GV along with forward to the Callcentric DID. In this case GV will try to forward to both sp1 and sp2. But I'd like to somehow give sp2 priority to ring and sp1 rings only if sp2 fails to ring.

One possibility I am guessing is to somehow give sp1 enough delay to ring so sp2 has a chance to ring first, but I am not sure if it's possible or even if it makes sense at all.

Does anyone have any idea? TIA.

Shale

I don't know the answer to your question.

I wanted to check that you are aware that you can simply have calls on GV on sp1 and Callcentric on sp2 to both ring to the phone without forwarding? First come first served. Picking up the phone connects to the line that is ringing.

That would be the common way.

Maybe you are routing through CC for some filtering.

VOIPisGreat

Yes, but I'd like to forward to Callcentric for the extra features it provides. :)