News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

110 Long distance to Google Voice local to POTS line

Started by Lisefd, March 26, 2013, 06:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisefd

Hi all,
Trying to set up the Obi 110 to direct long distance calls to Google Voice (those dialed with a 1 plus (area code) and 7 digit phone number). I'm on DSL and had trouble with the filters do to filter direction. Didn't know they were directional. Now when I try to put in a digitmap I get red exclamation marks. I read through several other threads about doing this and looked at the set-up instruction but was confused.
I'm in the 570 area code and here is what I tried:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

([2-9]11S0|<570>[2-9]xxxxxx|570xxxxxxx|180xxxxxxxx|188xxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>011xx.)

I got this from another thread (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3106.0) and modified the ares code.

With that, all calls seem to go through GV (google voice) local and long distance.

I saw that some set ups changed the ITSP Profile A General also while the above guidance I took said to leave it at default... I'm confused.
TIA
Lisefd

Edit:
GV on SP1, no SP2, and land-line with no long distance.

azrobert

I'm guessing your Phone Port-> Primary Line is set to SP1

The trunk DigitMaps don't do anything unless they are referred to in the Phone Port DigitMap or Phone Port OutboundCallRoute

The Mpli in the Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute point to the Primary Line DigitMap.
If the Phone Port Primary Line is SP1 then the above will point to the SP1 DigitMap and the Line Port DigitMap will be ignored.

Try changing the Phone Port Primary Line to PSTN.

Lisefd

Ok, you were correct. Also reading this post below was quite helpful.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=458

Excerpt:
QuoteInside the OBi Expert Configuration pages, you will notice its resemblance to the OBi device web page menu, look and layout.  To the right of the configurable parameter value field, there may be a red exclamation mark (!).  When this mark is present, it means the parameter value next to where it appears has an OBi Expert configuration database entry that is different than the OBiTALK database entry.  If the Device Default and OBiTALK boxes are left unchecked, then the OBi will use this setting in its active configuration.

Now it's mostly working 7 digit numbers go to PSTN. 1+800 xxx xxxx or 1+888 xxx xxxx go to PSTN. Most long distance, 1+(xxx) xxx xxxx got to SP1 (G.V.) except when I try to call a long distance number where the area code begins with an 8 but not 800 or 888. For example San Diego 1+(858) xxx xxxx. I get a busy signal after the third digit, "5" is entered.

Thanks

Edit:

If I'm reading this right...
([2-9]11S0|<570>[2-9]xxxxxx|570xxxxxxx|180xxxxxxxx|188xxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>011xx.)
It says, [2-9]11S0 -Three digit numbers that start with 2 through 9 followed by 11 (i.e. 911) are routed to PTSN (land Line)
<570>[2-9]xxxxxx|570xxxxxxx|180xxxxxxxx|188xxxxxxxx|  7 digit numbers that start with 2 through 9; 10 digit number starting with 570; 1800 and 1888 go to PSTN too.
<**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|  Prefix **1 (SP1 line, Google Voice in my case) is added to 11 digit numbers that start with a 1 (long distance) and the first digit of the area code is 2 through 7 or 9 (8 is not included which is why I cant dial San Diego (858 area code)) route to SP1 (G.V.)
I'm assuming the 8 was left out due to the 180xx... and 188xxx... for toll free numbers. Can I simply add it back in as <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx| or does that create new problems?

TIA again

Shale

Quote from: Lisefd on March 27, 2013, 10:48:16 AM
I'm assuming the 8 was left out due to the 180xx... and 188xxx... for toll free numbers. Can I simply add it back in as <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx| or does that create new problems?

I think your patterning for toll free numbers is off a bit. You want to allow for 800, 888, 877, 866 and 855.   Most 180xx... and 188xxx... would not be toll free.

I think if you send 1xxxxxxxxxx to GV, that will be OK. Since it has fewer exact matches than the other ones, the others would take precedence if they apply.

However I am likely to make mistakes in this kind of thing. So just consider this to be something to look into.

Lisefd

Thanks Shale,
I'll give that a try. I did change <**1>1[2-79]xxxxxxxxx|  to   <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|  which I see now is about the same thing. And does seem to work.