News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Crashes after 100 seconds

Started by huipalua, April 23, 2013, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huipalua

So I have been using my Obi110 for about 6 months with no issues, never even needed a reboot. This past weekend I found my phone unable to make or receive any calls. I power cycled the device and right away my test call worked. Then a short while later it stopped. I have timed it about 5 times now and the device works for about 100 seconds after a reboot then it appears to crash. For the first 100 seconds I can get into the device's web setup but after time runs out there is no access.

Is there anyway to overcome this crash? I can't update the device as it won't stay up long enough to upgrade. Any ideas?

RFord

Have you made any changes to your Router/Network recently?  Added any new device to your LAN?  Are you using a Static IP Address and if so, is it outside your DHCP range?

Can you temporarily connect the OBi110 to your Modem directly to see how it behaves?

huipalua

No new devices, no changes to the network. My Obi's IP address hasn't changed for 6 months. When I get home tonight I will try hooking it up directly with my cable modem and see if it stays up.

RFord

Before you try the direct connection to the modem, first try to power down the OBi110, then your Router and finally your Modem.  I would disconnect any other devices from your Router.  Power up your Modem and let it sync.  Then Power your Router.  Wait a minute or two and then connect/power up the OBi110 only.  The OBi110 should be the only device connected to your Router/Network.  Test.  If that doesn't work, then you can try the direct connection to your Modem and remember to power cycle the Modem after connecting the OBi110!

huipalua

Thank you for the advice but all of the suggestions above did not work. My Obi110 still crashes after 90-100 seconds.

Any other ideas?

Shale

huipalua

The following instructions sent by the Obihai Support Team has resurrected my Obi110. Posting it here in case anyone else runs into the same symptoms:

- factory reset your OBi by dialing ***8 and press 1 to confirm
Also you need to re-add your device to OBiTALK.
1. login to www.obitalk.com
2. ADD DEVICE, and follow all the steps with **5 xxxx  (this step is still needed to bind the device to obitalk).
3. Click on SP1, and select Google Voice
And reenter your gmail username/passwd into the appropriate fields, and hit Submit.

Once the SP1 GV status becomes "Connected", you are good to go.