News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forward all (*72) with GV

Started by cracker, April 03, 2013, 10:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cracker

I have an OBi 100 with GV as SP1.  Nothing on SP2.  I used  *72 to set call forwarding to my cell phone but the calls go to GV voicemail.  Is *72 not supported with this configuration? 

Thanks.

Rick

cracker

I considered using gv call forwarding but would like to have *72number# stored in the phonebook of the handset under "CallFoward" and then just call that number when I want to forward the gv phone.  I could easily stop call forwarding with a *73.  This would be much simpler than going through the dialing sequences required by gv or turning on the computer and doing it online.   

So, back to my question.  Does *72 work on an OBi100/GV combination?

Thanks.

hwittenb

Quote from: cracker on April 04, 2013, 03:12:49 PM
So, back to my question.  Does *72 work on an OBi100/GV combination?

It works with GV on my OBi110.

I don't have GV configured on my OBi100 but I also ran a test there to see what happens.

As you know you pickup the phone and key *72 and then you hear a continuous tone.  You key the number you wish to forward the call to and then when it makes the settings the OBi gives you beep beep beep

On my OBi100 the OBi goes to both SP1 and SP2 and makes the following configuration settings:
CallForwardUnconditionalEnable: (check)
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber: SPx(123456790) or in my case VG3(123456790)

I don't know why it sends it out via VG3 except that was where the last outgoing call was made on the OBi100.

To turn off the forwarding, when you key *73 from the phone it makes the following configuration setting:
CallForwardUnconditionalEnable: (uncheck)

I would suggest that you key the *72 into your phone and make the forwarding setting and then login to your OBi100 from your computer and look at your GV SPx configuration setting and see what it says

VoiceServices-->SPx Service-->CallingFeatures-->CallForwardUnconditionalEnable-->
VoiceServices-->SPx Service-->CallingFeatures-->CallForwardUnconditionalNumber-->

That will give you a clue as to why it doesn't work on your OBi.

cracker

Thanks for suggestion.  I must apologize since apparently I made a mistake when I tried to use the star code to call forward before.  

I tried *73mycellphone# a couple of more times.  Each time I get the 3 beep confirmation.  Checking the configuration status parameters with "expert configuration" the CallForwardUnconditionalEnable is NOT set and the number is NOT shown in the CallForwardUnconditinalNumber.  If I use the IP portal to look at the parameters they are set.  The call forward number is preceded by SP1.

When I dial the GV number (SP1) from another phone, the GV phone does not ring and the call is forwarded almost immediately to my cell phone.  If I let the cell phone ring, the call eventually goes to voice mail but it goes to the GV voice mail, not the voice mail on my cell phone.  The cell phone displays "missed call" but there is no indication of voice mail.  Is there a time delay setting somewhere in the OBi configuration that could be lengthened which may allow the cell phone's voice mail to pick up first?

I can cancel call forwarding with *73 which is confirmed by resumption of the dial tone.  

I also tried "programming" the *72number" and *73  sequences into the phone directory of the GV handset and that works equally well.

Thanks.