News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Disconnects after 15 minutes

Started by chriswx, April 04, 2013, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriswx

Hello,

I am currently using my OBI100 with VOIPO's service.  I have the OBI100 hooked up on one of the ports on a Linkys WRT3100N Router.  Lately, after I make an outgoing call and after I am on that call for about 15 minutes, the call suddendly goes to dead air and then completely disconnects and goes to a dial tone after about 15 seconds.  The device was working fine the first 2 months after I got it.  So, I'm not sure what changed.  I did change my secondary router that piggie backs off my primary router.  But, I'm not sure why that would cause this to happen, since I have the OBI hooked up to the primary router.

So, I'm just trying to figure out if this is a problem with the OBI100, one of my routers, or if it is a VOIPO problem that I should contact them about.  Thanks for any insight on this.

Chris   

RFord

Normally, when the calls drop at exactly 15-minutes, that suggest a problem with SIP ALG (Application Level Gateway (ALG) Configuration).  You can disable it on the main router and test to see if the problem goes away.  Do you have the most current firmware on the main router?

What is the purpose of the second router?  Is it in Bridge Mode, i.e., is it basically acting as a dumb switch and with DHCP disable?  One way of course to see if it is causing the problem is to disconnect the second router and see if the problem disappears.

chriswx

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply.  I do not have the most recent firmware version on my main.  An update was issued in 2010.  Mine was last updated in 2009. The secondary modem is in bridge mode.  I have DHCP disabled on it.  As far as disabling the ALG on the main router, I haven't figured out how to do that yet for my model router.  I don't see anything like that in the settings.  I'm sure there must be a way though.  I'll try to do some more searches for that.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction....

Chris 

Meaux

Just wondering if anyone figured this out?

I am experiencing the same issue with Google Voice.  Call Centric line does not have this issue, so I am sure it's not an ISP or router thing.

My Config:
Obi100, 3.4, 1.3.0 (Build: 2776)
Netgear, WNDR3400, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/20/11) mini
SP1 - Google Voice (In/Out)
SP2 - CallCentric (In Only)

Rick

Quote from: Meaux on July 15, 2013, 06:41:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone figured this out?

I am experiencing the same issue with Google Voice.  Call Centric line does not have this issue, so I am sure it's not an ISP or router thing.

My Config:
Obi100, 3.4, 1.3.0 (Build: 2776)
Netgear, WNDR3400, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/20/11) mini
SP1 - Google Voice (In/Out)
SP2 - CallCentric (In Only)

Did you try the suggested fix of disabling SIP ALG on your router?

Meaux

DD-WRT, so no SIP ALG that I am aware of or can find