News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up an IP Phone with an Obi202

Started by Dagwood, April 05, 2013, 07:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagwood

I recently purchased an Obi202 and have it set up with freephoneline.ca on SP1 and voip.ms on SP2.  SP1 is set as my primary line for outgoing calls.  A also have a Yealink IP phone that I'd like to use with my setup and have the same 2 lines on it as on the Obi202.

How would I set things up to have both of these devices work together with the same providers?

hwittenb

For voip.ms the answer is simple.  Setup two "extensions" on voip.ms, register one extension on the OBi202, the other extension on the ip phone.  If you have a DID with voip.ms you set it up for incoming calls to go to one extension or the other or to a ring group that you setup on your voip.ms account to ring both.  The voip provider is pretty flexible.

Someone else will need to help with the answers for freephoneline.ca because I am not familiar with it or the ip phone beyond the basics.  Answers you need to know
(1) is there a way to setup multiple registrations with your freephoneline.ca account? the answer is usually no. 
(2) can you make outgoing calls with freephoneline.ca without registration, i.e. outgoing only calls?  Can you setup the ip phone to make outgoing calls without registration if you wanted to?
(3) do you have an incoming number from freephoneline.ca, a DID?  Do you wish it to ring on both the OBi202 and the ip phone?  If ringing on one adapter is OK, which one?
(4) does the ip phone accept incoming direct ip calls?  Can the ip phone make outgoing direct ip calls?  Will your freephoneline.ca account accept incoming sip uri calls?  Can you make outgoing sip uri calls from the ip phone?
(5) what are the requirements for voicemail for unanswered incoming calls?

Dagwood

Thanks for the info.  I was able to get it working.