News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connection delay

Started by Hyrules, April 10, 2013, 05:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyrules

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how to explain it otherwise but when i first answer the phone I find a small delay generally 2 or 3 seconds before I can talk. When I push the talk button on my phone I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds before I can say hello. Any options / ways to improve this on the obi202 or is it related to my phone ?

thanks.

Shale

Try plugging in a wire phone to the OBi and try receiving a call with that. That test should tell if it is your phone or not.

You can probably borrow a wire phone from  a friend if you don't have one.

Hyrules

I'll try to find a corded phone. It's rather rare nowadays. People tend to use cordless phones. It's also rare that people or friends have extra phones. We have 1 phone in the house with 4 handsets. Otherwise if anyone has any idea on settings that could improve that on the obi let me know.

RFord

I hate to say this, but I think this is something you will have to live with, since most, if not all of us experience the same thing.  What I consciously do is to wait the 1 to 2 seconds once I answer an incoming call to say hello or say hello twice before the calling party hears me and respond.

IMHO, this might just be a minor issue with using GV in a way it was not intended.

Hyrules

the problem is that i'm not with google voice. I'm with freephoneline. So if you are having the same issue as me it's because the ATA is slow to make the connection.

ghutcheon

This is also happening with me - I have Google on SP1 and it forwards to Callcentric on SP2 so I can get the Caller ID. Pretty sure we did not previously have the 2 second delay so may try taking Callcentric out of the loop and see what happens.
Thanks for the idea and if anyone has any better ones please pass then on.
thanks Graeme