News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adapter not ringing

Started by jyates01, April 13, 2013, 03:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyates01

I have the Obi202 deployed to about 25 users and am finding a issue where the adapter will stop ringing on an incoming call. You can set and watch the Line traffic light flashing quickly, but it will not ring. I tried rebooting the unit, no luck. Finally, I can have the user unplug the phone from line 1 then plug it back in and then it will ring. I know there are calls coming in as they come thru a PBX phone system and I can watch the calls come in to it. All of the users are at different locations. It is happening more and more so I wanted to post to see if anyone is experiencing it. All units are running the most current firmware. Thanks if you can help.

Ostracus

Sounds like a sophisticated setup. You may want to give some more info about how you have things arranged.

jyates01

Its not really complex. I have calls routed from a PBX system to each end user. Both line 1 and 2 have different SIP accounts, so the call taker can have two simultaneous calls with a multiline phone or 2 separate phones. I am starting to see this issue more and it is troubling. I have the syslog setup to send messages to a logger site I use, and can monitor when calls come in, so I know they are getting to me, we just dont get the ring audio at times.

zapattack

What does Call History say? 
How long does it ring before the status shows Ended, and is the time always the same?
If you place a call to the line and it fails to ring the phone, what do you hear?