News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 failing? -- does not ring on inbound line calls

Started by refrosted, April 18, 2013, 09:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

refrosted

My OBI110 has worked well for about one year but recently family members report they dial our home number (coming in through the telco phone line) and what they hear on their end is one ring and then static, or else just a busy signal,  and what we hear is NO ring.  That is, nothing.   We can get the same behavior - one ring and static, or else just busy) when we're out and call back home either via cell or  land lines.   it's not consistent as some calls DO ring  and come in, but come to think of it, many of those may be coming in via GV on SP1  (voip.ms on SP2).

It came to a head yesterday and today and I unplugged the LINE  into the obi110 and hooked the phones back to the telco -- which I'll test tomorrow.

Firmware has been updated. No changes have been made to digitmaps or call routes since I set them ~11 months ago. Obion on a Nexus 10 (wifi) has been added five months ago but that's used rarely and usually is powered off.  Outbound calling via the LINE (800 and local  calls) and via GV are  consistently smooth, good quality and trouble-free.

I understand I have more to test, but might this behavior indicative of a failing OBI110?  Otherwise, has anyone had simialr experience that can suggest a fix or things to check and test?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and suggestions.

Ralph

refrosted

Update...

I spoke too soon, doubting the Obi110 wrongly.    Turns out the "inbound call/ring problem" I described persisted with the Obi110 out of the loop and is a problem known by the Centurylink support people and which replicated with them with the phone plugged directly into the telco phone network interface box outside of my house.   The service tech left a note yesterday saying the problem was "uptown" and would be fixed today.

Presumably, hopefully, "uptown" might mean the local switch here in my rural town.