News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Register Failed: No Response From Server

Started by OuterEdge, April 26, 2013, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OuterEdge

All of sudden, the Obihai 110 has started giving "Register Failed: No Response From Server " error.

Nothing changed in the network. Everything is the way it was set up when Obihai was getting registered. Here are the things that I tried without any success:

1. Rebooted the Obihai device.
2. Rebooted the entire network including the DSL modem and then the Obihai.
3. Upgraded the firmware to the latest.
4. Reset the default settings by removing it from the online portal and then resetting it and then putting in the settings for Callcentric, still no go.
5. Tried another account (ippi) and that too results in "Register Failed: No Response From Server" error.

Not sure what is going on with the device. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Shale

If SP2 is not being used, I would try setting up your provider on SP2.

Maybe you OBi has failed. I don't know. Another thing to try is to go to OBiTalk and make note of your settings on your OBi Device. Then do a Delete Device. Then do an Add Device, and set up again

OuterEdge

Thanks Shale. I have tried setting up 2 separate accounts (both on SP1 and SP2) and both show the same error. Setting up account on SP2 alone does not help either.

I did try deleting the device, resetting it completely to factory defaults and then re-adding the device back into the Obitalk online portal and that also did not work. I still continue to get  the same error "Register failed: No Response from Server".

UPDATE: The curious anomaly is that I tried setting Google Voice account on it and it shows as "Connected". Setting up a SIP account does not work and gives that error.

Any ideas? Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Shale

If it hadn't been working just previously, I would have suggested hooking your OBi directly to the modem for testing.

At this point, I would look around the Callcentric server for your account information again. If you don't find something, such as using the wrong user number or password, I would ask Callcentric for help.

After you get this working, don't forget to block SIP scanners before getting motivated for that at 4AM.

proteus

I am facing the same issue intermittently. Did you ever solve this?

jyates01

Exact same issue here. Just started occuring within the last week. I have 40 Obi 202's deployed remotely with some using newest firmware and some using last version. The only workaround I have found is to delete the SP configuration and reapply it. I just submitted a ticket to Obi. I use all 4 SP configurations. 2 for one SIP provider, and 2 for another provider. It happens on both providers so I am convinced it is a firmware issue. It also happens on units at different geographic locations so its not an internal network issue. I will post here if I hear back from Obi Support.

OuterEdge

Quote from: proteus on June 18, 2013, 05:51:49 PM
I am facing the same issue intermittently. Did you ever solve this?

No. I went back to using Linksys PAP2 which worked fine with the same exact setup and under the same network conditions.

I have opened up a ticket with Obihai Support just few days back. This certainly looks like something to do with the unit or the firmware itself and I hope Obihai is able to resolve this quickly. I will update this thread once I have an update on this issue.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this message. I was never notified of the updates to the thread.