News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

False Voicemail Indicator

Started by Michael_Reeder, April 27, 2013, 10:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_Reeder

I am using an OBi202 with the OBiWiFi option to connect to a "Comcast Business Class" internet connection.  I am utilizing a DECT 6.0 wireless handset -- a Panasonic KX-TG6511 with voicemail flashing light indicator on handset.  I am utilizing Google Voice.

I find I am getting false voicemail waiting messages -- both flashing light and staccato dial tone.  When I call into voicemail, Google Voice informs me I have no messages.  This is a new phone number -- I have no reason to think I would be getting real voicemail yet.

When I unplug the OBi202 and the phone and reconnect them this goes away.  A few hours or days later the false voicemail indicator reappears.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Mi

sic0048

Check your GV settings.  There is an option to notify on "Missed Calls" which will cause the system to act the same as if there is a voice mail waiting.  Go into GV from a web page and make sure everything is cleared out (VM, missed calls, texts or other messages, etc).

Michael_Reeder

Thanks sic0048 -- I did not see exactly what you describe, but I just unchecked "place missed calls in the inbox".  Will test how this works!

-- Michael

sic0048

That should do it.  I was writing my post off my memory, so it isn't surprising that it wasn't word for word correct. 

swan2swan

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 27, 2013, 10:04:02 AM
I am using an OBi202 with the OBiWiFi option to connect to a "Comcast Business Class" internet connection.  I am utilizing a DECT 6.0 wireless handset -- a Panasonic KX-TG6511 with voicemail flashing light indicator on handset.  I am utilizing Google Voice.

I find I am getting false voicemail waiting messages -- both flashing light and staccato dial tone.  When I call into voicemail, Google Voice informs me I have no messages.  This is a new phone number -- I have no reason to think I would be getting real voicemail yet.

When I unplug the OBi202 and the phone and reconnect them this goes away.  A few hours or days later the false voicemail indicator reappears.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Mi

I had the same problem with my OBi100 and this advice was helpful:

Quote from: sic0048 on April 30, 2013, 03:29:03 PM
Check your GV settings.  There is an option to notify on "Missed Calls" which will cause the system to act the same as if there is a voice mail waiting.  Go into GV from a web page and make sure everything is cleared out (VM, missed calls, texts or other messages, etc).

Thank you so much - problem solved!!  :)

Stumped

This advice was helpful for me as well.  I have an Obi100 plus GV plus Panasonic system.

Stumped

Spoke to soon. Our issue is slightly different and still occurring. The Panasonic handset says there is a message when the base has none.

Stumped

Solution seems to be unchecking MWIenable and X_VMWIenable, no more message and no more stutter dial tone.