News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Assigning specific DID's to Phone 1 and Phone 2

Started by sparky57, May 01, 2013, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky57

I have a OBi202 and I am using VoIP.ms and I have two DID numbers: ***67 and ***68.

I want incoming calls to DID ***67 to be routed to the telephone connected to Phone1.

I want incoming calls to DID ***68 to be routed to the telephone connected to Phone2.

If I call either of the DID numbers now,  both are routed to Phone1.

How to I configure this?  (I have looked thru online manuals but no success)

Thanks

Shale

I will presume you use OBiTalk. I presume each DID comes in on a different SPn.

I would expect that you would would have something like this in your OBiTalk Device Configuration:
         Phone Port Configuration Summary
                                       Phone 1  Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1     SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:          SP1     SP2
Voicemail Notification Alert from:           SP1     SP2

If you want SP2 to come in on Phone 2 but it is ringing phone 1, click SP2 under Configure Voice Service Providers. Modify the check boxes for "Incoming Calls Will Ring On"

sparky57

Thanks Shale,

Yes I am using ObiTalk.  Yes my Phone Port configuration is setup is like you show in your example.  But still both DID numbers ring to Phone 1.  The check boxes are correct on "Incoming Calls Will Ring On"

I am not sure about "I presume each DID comes in on a different SPn".  How do I configure this to make sure each DID comes in on a different SPn.  Is this configured with the voip provider or on the OBi202.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge... just a newbie with voip.

Thanks

hwittenb

With voip.ms you can setup separate "sub accounts".  All the sub accounts work off of the master account.  You can setup separate registrations for each sub account. 

With voip.ms you have an account DID management screen where you can assign the routing for your voip.ms DID's.  You can route a DID to a voip.ms sub account.

You can setup two separate sub accounts and register (configure) one sub account to SP1 and another to SP2.  You can assign phone 1 to SP1 and phone 2 to SP2. 

At the voip.ms Manage DID screen you can route DID 1 to sub account 1 and route DID 2 to sub account 2.  If done correctly this will cause phone 1 to ring for an incoming call on DID1 and phone 2 to ring for an incoming call on DID2.