News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

caller id not displayed for incoming call

Started by email4gmail, May 01, 2013, 06:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

email4gmail

I have an OBI110, which I connected it to the PSTN line in my office. However, obi110 will not recognize and display the caller ID for incoming calls. I have contacted the service department, and was told to buy a digital phone (it is Alcatel 4029, with documentation can be found at http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/wps/DocumentStreamerServlet?LMSG_CABINET=LGS_Resources&LMSG_CONTENT_FILE=Tech_Materials/ENT_PHONES_IPTouch-4028-4029Digital-OXOffice_manual_0907_US.pdf&lu_lang_code=en_US)

I don't mind to buy this phone but in that case, I cannot integrate the land line with obi110.

I have tried to change the callerID detection method on OBI110 -- physical interfaces -- line, but no one will work.  I wonder if there is anything tricks to have this problem resolved?

I can also open the remote access if the developer of OBI need to collect samples and do tests.

Thanks

Gena700

I'm using Call Centric on line 2 for 911 and caller ID with name. Works fine.

First line is GV.

haven't tried 911 yet  ;)

BearJerCares

I am also using Google Voice with a Callcentric incoming phone number for caller ID and 911 ($1.50 per month).  But my caller ID has been hit and miss for display of the NAME and I don't know why.  About 60 to 70% of the time it displays the name and the rest of the time it only shows the phone number.  I submitted a ticket to Callcentric, but so far they don't seem to be able to help - I guess I got a rep that does not know enough about tweaking the Obi's settings?

Anyway, if anyone reading this has an idea, I would be appreciative!

Jerry in Michigan