News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 stopped working: Power LED on/off, internet LED flickers, phone LED off.

Started by user-36, May 11, 2013, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user-36

Hi Everyone:

Since I bought OBi202 five months ago (12/10/2012), it has been working very well. But yesterday (05/10/2012), it just suddenly and completely stopped working. My phone says "No Line." After spending several hours trying out all the normal recovery tasks (reconnect wires, remove device from web site, factory reset, reboot, etc.) and reading through all the forum messages here, I still could not revive the device. My network setup is exactly the same as before, I can get on to the internet with all other devices, and I attached a different phone and got the same "No Line" message, so I am pretty sure the issue is with the device itself.  Below is its current lighting status:

1. Power LED would be solid for 15 seconds, then go dark for 5 seconds, then repeat the cycle forever.
2. Internet LED would just flicker constantly.
3. LAN LED would also just flicker constantly.
4. Phone 1 LED is permanently off no matter connected to a phone or not.
5. Phone 2 LED is permanently off no matter connected to a phone or not.

Since the device does not connect to any phones, I cannot input any commands from the phone to proceed with any account setup procedure.  However, my network router shows the OBi202 did get a DHCP IP address.  I was also able to connect my PC to the LAN port and use the default IP address of 192.168.10.1 to talk to OBi202.  But accessing the device admin web page was almost impossible with the constant flicking (I guess it was turning itself on and off).  For each web page I have to hit the refresh button about five times before the page actually shows up.  After many refresh clicks, I was able to print out most of the status pages from the admin site and saved a copy of them. The admin site shows the following info:

HardwareVersion: 1.4
SoftwareVersion: 3.0.0 (Build: 3460)
SystemTime: 12:00:00 01/01/2011
UpTime: 0 Days 0:00:18
CertificatesStatus: Installed
CustomizationStatus: Generic

Has anyone had similar experience? Is there anything else I could do on my end? I am only using it for one Google Voice number for basic calling. 

Thanks very much for your time reading this and any help you can provide!

Shale

Get an RMA annd send it in for warranty replacement.

http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html says
Is there a warranty for the OBi?
The OBi carries with it a factory supported one-year limited warranty on hardware. Obihai Technology provides a one-year limited hardware warranty. Obihai warrants to customer that this product will conform to its published specifications and will be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of delivery and for a period of 365-days thereafter.

http://www.obihai.com/legal.html says
Unless where local law dictates otherwise, Obihai Technology provides a one-year limited hardware warranty. Obihai warrants to customer that this product will conform to its published specifications and will be free from defects in material and workmanship at the time of delivery and for a period of one-year thereafter. Without limiting the foregoing, this warranty does not cover any defect resulting from (a) any design or specification supplied by an entity other than Obihai, (b) non-observance of technical operating parameters (e.g. exceeding limiting values) or (c) misuse, abuse, using in abnormal conditions or alterations of any kind.

After the acceptance of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request, Obihai will attempt to refund, repair or replace the product. To request an RMA, please contact the party from whom you purchased the product. If you purchased product directly from Obihai and you believe it to still be under warranty, please contact support@obihai.com