News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dead Line Port

Started by bsdaiwa, May 14, 2013, 04:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Ok, here is a weird one; I have an OBi 100 setup using CallCentric and GV. The device is on a network with two switches between it and the router which is an ASUS RT-N16 running Shibby's latest Tomato firmware. The router is attached to a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 cable modem and the ISP is Time Warner. All has been fine for the last 10 months until three days ago, when we were unable to get a dial tone when the phone was off hook.

I attached a different phone with a different cable and restarted the OBi and still no dial tone. I moved the OBi and attached it directly to the router and still no dial tone. I attached the OBi directly to the modem and still no dial tone.

I then got out an old Grandstream HT-286 adapter and set it up for CallCentric. I got the dial tone so I tried to place a call. The call was placed and I could hear it ringing but when the party on the other end answered the line went dead and the only way to get the dial tone back was to reboot the HT¬-286. If I had someone call me the phone at my end attached to the HT-286 would ring but as soon as I picked up the receiver the line went dead.

I attached the HT-286 to the router, same results. I attached the HT-286 directly to the cable modem and got the same results I used different cables and different phones and the results were the same.

I have forwarded ports to the devices but the results are the same.

Does anybody have any suggestions, do you think this is an issue with Time Warner. I use Time Warner at another house in the same city and the OBi there works fine.

Really stumped on this..

Shale

You should get a dialtone even if there is no internet connectivity. I would do a factory reset of the OBi100. If there is no dialtone then, I would replace the OBi100.

There is a 1-year warranty.

bsdaiwa

Thanks, will give that a try and post the results.