News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 can't get green light on the phone LED

Started by Arbob, May 25, 2013, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbob

Device is supposedly registered, I have the OBiTalk downloaded and set up, phone connected, etc. etc. but can't get the LED on OBi100 green nor can I call in or receive calls.  Configuration seems fine, info entered seems correct.  Please help!

Arbob

Thanks.      But:
when I follow the process and try to see why registration failed I end up having to enter the Expert mode and see this

SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   OBiTALK
Settings   
Status   Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication (server=204.11.192.163:5060; retry in 14s)      
PrimaryProxyServer         
SecondaryProxyServer         
CallState   0 Active Calls      

There are no values that can edit in all those field, how am I supposed to overcome this?

Jackson

How is the service provider you are trying use?

Arbob

I am using callcentric and followed all instructions

CoalMinerRetired

Callcentric has detailed Obi100 setup instructions here: http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100.

Note that their instructions point you to the ObiTalk portal and Obi wizard first, and then their manual instructions second. That means you do one or the other, but not both.  If you are a new user the ObiTalk portal is probably the way to start out.

The usernames (1777MYCCID) and the passwords trip up new people new to CC, I'd say take a close look at what the above says for those two fields. The error you mentioned above seems to indicate this is the issue.

Reply back if still stuck.

RFord

Quote from: Arbob on May 25, 2013, 11:37:29 AM
Device is supposedly registered, I have the OBiTalk downloaded and set up, phone connected, etc. etc. but can't get the LED on OBi100 green nor can I call in or receive calls.  Configuration seems fine, info entered seems correct.  Please help!

I have the OBiTalk downloaded and set up.....What do you mean by this? What/where did you download OBiTALK?  This makes NO sense whatsoever!

Arbob

I used ObiTalk Wizzard from the support page to go through the set-up as suggested by Callcentric.

Arbob

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on May 26, 2013, 04:37:42 AM
Callcentric has detailed Obi100 setup instructions here: http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100.

Note that their instructions point you to the ObiTalk portal and Obi wizard first, and then their manual instructions second. That means you do one or the other, but not both.  If you are a new user the ObiTalk portal is probably the way to start out.

The usernames (1777MYCCID) and the passwords trip up new people new to CC, I'd say take a close look at what the above says for those two fields. The error you mentioned above seems to indicate this is the issue.

Reply back if still stuck.

I re-did the process going through ObiTalk wizard, with same result.  The only fields I am not sure of are "username" which I used as you suggested 1777MYCCID, and "Password" which I sued admin as suggested by Callcentric (Call centric actually had me enter admin for user id first time) and the other is "proxy server port" which is pre-filled and I am not sure how to look up any way. 

CoalMinerRetired

When all else fails:
1) Delete the device from your ObiTalk portal, then
2) Factory Reset the Obi100 (See How to Perform a Factory Reset in this Quick Start Guide), then
3) Follow the instructions to newly add the device to your ObITalk portal.
4) Then setup your CC with your 1777xxxyyyy number and your CC web access password. (Don't use an extension and don't use an extension password).

This is the brute force method, if it doens't work then there are bigger problems somewhere.

Arbob

:D We have green light... Thanks.  Now onto calling I hope!