News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No stutter tone or voicemail indicator flashing when there is voicemail

Started by benlwong, May 25, 2013, 09:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benlwong

Hi everyone,

Trying to set up Obi110 and Google voice with my Panasonic handset.  Everything works fine and I googled/read all the FAQs and instructions I can find.

Only thing that it won't do is if there is a voicemail, my phone message indicator does not flash nor do I get a stutter tone.  Not sure what else I need to do.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ben

RFord

Use the search feature on the Forum and you will find various threads on what needs to be done.  No need to start a another thread on the issue.

benlwong

I did and the only posts I found is to update the firmware.  I checked my firmware and it said there are no updates.  Maybe I am searching for the wrong keywords but I haven't anything so far.

CoalMinerRetired

Easiest test is to try a different analog phone to see if the issue is your Panasonic handset or the Obi110. Then try both the phones, your Panasonic and the second one simultaneously.

giqcass

I don't know if this is still an issue but I heard 2 step verification causes problems with the voice mail notifications.
http://www.google.com/landing/2step/?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha
Long live our new ObiLords!

benlwong

Quote from: giqcass on May 26, 2013, 09:31:37 AM
I don't know if this is still an issue but I heard 2 step verification causes problems with the voice mail notifications.
http://www.google.com/landing/2step/?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

Thanks for the tip!  I will try this and report back.

benlwong

Yep, I can verified that Google 2-step verification is causing this issue.  Once I turned it off, the voicemail indicator started working and I get the stutter tone.

Hmm... hope they can fix this issue soon.

Ben

Shale