News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - Can't hear other person

Started by gdm783, June 03, 2013, 03:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdm783

I just setup an obi202, and I can't hear the other person  (they can hear me). It is setup with Google Voice, but I also cannot hear the automated voice when I dial ***1. I have tried bypassing the router, I did a factory reset, and I tried a different phone. Nothing helped. Do I need to return this obi and get a new one?

Shale

If you cannot hear a voice after dialing ***1 and you tried a different phone, try a different phone *cord*.

Also try the Phone 2 jack. Both should work, but try them both one at a time.

http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/ could help, but I suspect a bad OBi202 or a bad phone cord.

gdm783

Thanks for your help. I am leaning towards a bad obi. I tried plugging into phone 2 and still no luck. I also tried a cord and a phone that I know work (they are hooked up to an obi100 that I also use).

gdm783

The plot thickens. I have two obi202's, both using the same google voice credentials. The first one was working fine for months. Now since adding the second, neither receives incoming audio. Any settings I should be tweaking?

Shale

Quote from: gdm783 on June 04, 2013, 11:52:50 AM
The plot thickens. I have two obi202's, both using the same google voice credentials. The first one was working fine for months. Now since adding the second, neither receives incoming audio. Any settings I should be tweaking?
If you are going to have both connected at the same time, they need separate GV accounts.

gdm783

But isn't the point of multi-ring that you can have one account connected on both boxes?

Shale

Quote from: gdm783 on June 04, 2013, 01:19:00 PM
But isn't the point of multi-ring that you can have one account connected on both boxes?

That can be done a different way, which I have seen discussed, but I have not really followed. It involves one OBi getting the call, and then sharing it with the other OBi without involving your provider.

CORRECTION: I don't know what it takes to do multi-ring on the same GV account with 2 OBi202s. I see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 post 6 says
QuoteEnhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release
1.3.0(2765) for OBi100/110 and 3.0.0(3647) for OBi202/OBi302:
OBi202 / OBi302:
- Google Voice Multi-Ring: Use the same Google account on multiple OBi202 devices. Incoming calls to the associated Google Voice number will ring all OBi202 endpoints and the and the stand-alone Google Talk app (Gmail browser-based phone calling excluded).

I don't know what setup is required to use the same Google account on multiple OBi202 devices , and I am not sure that it is not as simple as providing the same GV credentials to both OBi202s.