News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call transfer?

Started by glenviewjeff, June 09, 2013, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenviewjeff

Is there any way I can transfer a call in progress to another number and hang up?  I know I can do this to transfer a call from inbound Google Voice calls to another of my GV phones by pressing star.

I'd like to do this in general--not just on inbound calls, and not just to other GV numbers.  I assume it would work similar to a three-way conference call, but the Obi would keep the call alive even after I hang up.

Does such a feature exist?

N7AS

You can use Blind Transfer.

1. Press FLASH on phone - Wait for dialtone.
2. Dial *98 and wait for second dialtone.
3. Dial the number to transfer to. Wait for confirmation tone.
4. Hang up.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

JasonInSF

I had the same problem as JCantrell had with his Obi202 device.  I also have U-verse service.  I got so frustrated with my Obi202 device's problems that I returned it to Amazon.  Since then, I bought an Ooma device from Costco, but I have a Google Voice number that I don't want to pay Ooma $9.95/month for its premium service, so that I could have my Google Voice number work properly with my Ooma service.
Anyone else have AT&T U-verse service with their Obi202 device?