News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to hide google voice number ( outgoing)?

Started by auser, June 09, 2013, 01:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auser

Hello forum,

is it anyway to hide outgoing google voice number ? I have a obi110 box with sp1 configured with google voice number .

thank you,

Rick

Nope.  Covered in many posts on the forum.  Nor does Google allow you to spoof (i.e. change the number). 

k21689

One can not hide, but can get unlimited Gmail accounts ie. spoof20123@gmail, spoof20124@gmail....
Next get a dirt cheap gsm phone ie. BLU green/red $10.00 from NewEgg
Next get free sim card(s) from a dirt cheap gsm carrier ie. Lycamobile $0.02/min
Now link your spoof20123@gmail with that sim card.

Login to your OBI-whatever and change GV username to spoof20123 when you want to spoof
Change it back when you don't want to spoof

When you are tired of that spoof GV number, just either remove it and get a new one or use another spoof20124@gmail(a new GV number) to link your LycaMobile number.

I still have some GV numbers link to PagePlus numbers I used to have.

Unless Google starts to ask users to renew the link timely, those numbers will be there forever.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: k21689 on June 11, 2013, 08:25:50 AM

Login to your OBI-whatever and change GV username to spoof20123 when you want to spoof

I'm not totally following this, but however you're doing it, as Rick said, there's no way a GV outbound call, from an Obi or a browser will spoof a number or a name. Number (Caller ID) is always your GV number, Name (CNAM) is usually but not always blank.

Shale

See www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=760&as_epq=705+8888&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=obitalk.com%2Fforum for posts by people who's caller ID went out as (760) 705-8888.

Do what they did "wrong", and you too can make GV calls with caller ID (760) 705-8888.

k21689

Sorry, it is not a spoof, but disposable GV numbers.

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on June 11, 2013, 09:32:33 AM

I'm not totally following this, but however you're doing it, as Rick said, there's no way a GV outbound call, from an Obi or a browser will spoof a number or a name. Number (Caller ID) is always your GV number, Name (CNAM) is usually but not always blank.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: k21689 on June 11, 2013, 12:54:49 PM
Sorry, it is not a spoof, but disposable GV numbers.

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on June 11, 2013, 09:32:33 AM

There's a much easier way to do the exact same thing, no Obi setup needed:
- Open a browser.
- Login into any GMail account with no associated Google Voice account, i.e., a Gmail with no GV.
- Click the phone icon (on the LH side, below folders, above contacts).
- If the Google Talk plugin is not already installed in the browser it will do install at this point.
- Make your call, it goes out using the number mentioned above.

- If you make a call in a Gmail associated with a GV account, the call goes out as the GV number.