News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Called ID and no Voicemail notification while using obi100 and GV

Started by kow613, June 09, 2013, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kow613

So this morning I set up my Obi100 with my VTech CS6419-2 (has caller ID and VM display capabilities)  and my Google Voice account and I am having some issues I can't seem to find answers to.

1. Caller ID is not showing up. No number at all. Just says "inbound call".

2. I have left myself a few voicemails and no indicator on the phone is showing up.

Can anyone offer some assistance?

Jackson

Did you tick:

"Google Voicemail Notification(Optional)" in ObiTalk?

CoalMinerRetired

For point 1: What does the Obi Call History show for the incoming caller ID? It should match what is displayed on your phone.  If Obi Call History shows a number (a.la. 2015551212) and VTech shows "inbound call" something is not working right between Obi Phone port and your phone.

For #2: Let's get #1 figured out first, issue might be related.

Obi Call History: You need to to access via "Web Server-Based Local Configuration"  (also called The OBi Device Management Web Page also called direct IP address interface). You will not see Call History via ObiTalk portal. Details here: http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc333506078

kow613

So I did what you said and checked the call history. All of the calls are there with the proper phone numbers displayed.

CoalMinerRetired

I reread your original post above, let's clarify a few points,

201-555-1212 - This is the "Caller ID" field.
DOMINOS PIZZA - This is the "CNAM" (Caller Name) Field.

Via an Obi, GV only supplies the Caller ID field, never the CNAM field. So you will always see a blank or something like "Unknown Name' or whatever in the CNAM field.

Back to your original question.  If the Obi Call History is showing a number for the Caller ID field, then your phone (between the first and second ring) should be showing the same thing. If this is not the case, then determine why, ... is phone set to NA (North America) ring/caller ID standards, have you changed any Obi ring or caller ID settings away from NA standards (defaults), is your Obi a NA model, etc.?

P.S:, For the record, there is a workaround to get CNAM with GV on an Obi, you use a second SP slot, forward incoming GV calls to it, it adds CNAM, explained here.

kow613

The phone is not even showing Caller ID.

The phone is set to NA ring/caller ID standards.

How could I tell if my Obi is a NA model? I bought it on Amazon...

What can I look at to determine what the issue between my Obi and my phone might be?

The VM notification is also not showing, could something be causing both to happen?

CoalMinerRetired

Check the original shipping box, a label will have either NA, EU or UK checked.

> The VM notification is also not showing, could something be causing both to happen?
Yes.  It's either your phone, or your Obi.  Do a few simple tests to eliminate one or the other:

Take the phone and plug it into a landline where you know Caller ID works, does it show Caller ID correctly?  Use the same phone cord for this test that you use to plug the phone into the Obi port.

Conversely, use (borrow) a phone for which you know Caller ID works, plug it into the Obi and see if it shows Caller ID.  Eliminate one of the other then look at possibilities from there.