News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International number prefix replacement: 00 to 011

Started by MichaelX, June 09, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelX

Hi,

I'm new to Obi. Got an Obi100, use SP1 for Google voice and SP2 for LocalPhone. I use GV for all American calls and LocalPhone for international calls.

LocalPhone requires 00 as prefix for international call but I've used to 011. Is there an easy way in digitmap or other place to replace it automatically? e.g. dial 011xx. and Obi replace it automatically to be 00xx. to SP2.

Here are my settings. Any suggestion to simplify it is also welcome.

Physical Interfaces ->PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:  {(00|011xx.):sp2},

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

aaa is my area code.

Thanks,
Michael

ianobi

MichaelX - welcome to the forum.

There's no need for this extra rule in the OutboundCallRoute {(00|011xx.):sp2} as it's already contained within this rule {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} in the default OutboundCallRoute. In fact you put the required "00." Into the ITSP Profile B DigitMap. For this purpose Msp2 = ITSP Profile B DigitMap – yes I know it's confusing at first   :)

In fact you need very little change. Leave the OutboundCallRoute at default:

Physical Interfaces ->PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Small changes here, as LocalPhone does not accept 011, then no point in sending it in that direction:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|<011:**200>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

The small downside with this type of setup is that if LocalPhone becomes unavailable, then you cannot force international calls onto GV. There are ways around this, but they are a bit more complex. If it's an issue post back and we can sort something out.

As always, full explanations of how your digit maps work can be provided, but I find most people fall asleep before reaching the end of my explanations. It must be the way I tell them   :D

MichaelX

Hi ianobi,

Thanks a lot for the detail explanation and instructions. It's very clear and easy to follow.  :)

I'd like to read documents about how digitmap and other settings work in obi settings. Appreciate if you have pointers of them.

Thanks,
Michael

Shale

http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm is not as clear or accurate as ianobi, but you still may find it to be useful.

MichaelX

carl

(*1571|<*1688>(<00>(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)|<011:00>xx.)|*168800xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

This is the digitmap I use for Localphone, which also solves the 011 issue. The result of help by our former gigitmap grand master RonR.

you may want to take out the <*1688> since this is for the purpose of re routing for some folks in our metro area and you do not want to use it unless advised so by Localphone CS.       8)

ianobi

Michael,

Let's have a deeper look at your setup with a bit more explanation.

Your basic setup so far:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces ->PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

All the above is at default setting. Minor changes here:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>00xx.|<011:**200>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

We are using "Mpli" (DigitMap PrimaryLine) to set up the calls for routing. The PrimaryLine is the service you can use with no ** codes. In your case:
Mpli = Msp1 = ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap

The important thing to remember when you dial a number from the Phone Port is that it gets processed in two stages:

Stage 1: Each digit is evaluated after it has been dialled and the best match is found in the Phone Port DigitMap. Transformation can also take place here. When you dial 011xx. this rule within "Mpli" in the Phone Port DigitMap <011:**200>xx. matches 011xx. and replaces 011 with **200 so the number is now **200xx.

Stage 2: The whole number from Stage 1 is now compared to each rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute working from left to right until a match is found. Using our example number **200xx. this rule {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} matches the number, removes the **2, then sends 00xx. out to sp2.

The Auto Attendant works in the same way, but has its own DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

If you are interested in this sort of thing, then the first post in this thread is a good explanation:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.msg3001#msg3001

As Shale pointed out, the ObiDeviceAdminGuide has some detailed explanations from page 179 onwards, but the examples are not great.

By the way, your setup does not seem to include 911 anywhere. I hope you have this covered some other way.

carl

One thing to be noted that without incorporating the *1571 into the digitmap you will not able to access the Localphone voice mail.