News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help w/ OBi202: 3 phone numbers, 2 phone ports (hunting)

Started by Longinus, June 12, 2013, 09:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longinus

I'm new to this VOIP thing so I need help.

I have the OBi202 and will have 3 phone numbers: 1 x Google Voice (GV #) and 2 x Callcentric (Call #1, Call #2). Call #2 is the fax line.

Is it possible to configure the OBi202 for incoming calls as follows:

Phone port 1: Incoming GV #.
Phone port 2: Incoming Call #1 + Call #2.

But if phone port 2 is off hook being used and there is an incoming call on Call #1, it will jump over and ring on phone port 1. But I don't want Call #1 to always ring phone port 1, only when phone port 2 is off hook. I also don't want to redirect Call #1 calls to GV # (Callcentric suggested I do this using a Call Treatment). Call #2 to only ring through phone port 2.

How to accomplish this? I'm thinking it can be programmed using incoming call routing, but I don't know how.  Thanks for the help.

Shale

I am confident there will be a way to do what you describe. However here is a really easy way using OBiTalk and not requiring expert mode. I think it will work. It seems easy to try while waiting for a better answer.

Have GV ring Phone 1.

Have C1 ring Phone 1 and Phone 2... first to pick up the call gets the call. This violates your "But I don't want Call #1 to always ring phone port 1".

Have C2 ring Phone 2.

Longinus

Quote from: Shale on June 12, 2013, 10:09:28 AM
Have C1 ring Phone 1 and Phone 2... first to pick up the call gets the call.

I considered that, but the cacophony of 2 phone lines ringing was too much.

I may have a workaround:

Phone 1: GV + CC 3
Phone 2: CC 1 + CC 2

CC 3 would be a Free Phone Number. I could program a Call Treatment that would redirect CC 1 incoming calls to CC 3 if CC 1 was unavailable. So far I can't get it to work - yet.

Anyone try something similar?

Longinus

Quote from: Longinus on June 12, 2013, 09:59:31 AMI have the OBi202 and will have 3 phone numbers: 1 x Google Voice (GV #) and 2 x Callcentric (Call #1, Call #2). Call #2 is the fax line.

Is it possible to configure the OBi202 for incoming calls as follows:

Phone port 1: Incoming GV #.
Phone port 2: Incoming Call #1 + Call #2.

But if phone port 2 is off hook being used and there is an incoming call on Call #1, it will jump over and ring on phone port 1. But I don't want Call #1 to always ring phone port 1, only when phone port 2 is off hook. I also don't want to redirect Call #1 calls to GV # (Callcentric suggested I do this using a Call Treatment). Call #2 to only ring through phone port 2.

I figured it out using CC's Extensions and Call Treatments.

1) Assign each DID to a separate Extension. GV = 101; CC1 = 102; CC2 = 103
2) Create a second extension for CC1 so it can ring on 2 different OBi phone ports. CC1=104
3) For each Extension in step 1, program a Call Treatments so each DID rings to the Extension created for it
4) Program the first Call Treatment so that if "I'm on a call" is true on Extension 102 (CC1), calls are rerouted to Extension 104.
5) Using OBiTalk assign the Extensions created in steps 1 and 2 to SP1, SP2 etc.
6) Using OBiTalk assign the SP1, SP2 etc. to ring to the PH1 or PH2 ports as required:

Phone 1: SP1(GV) + SP4(CC1)
Phone 2: SP2(CC1) + SP3(CC2)

Done.