News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 has stopped ringing

Started by FreeServiceForLife, June 15, 2013, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeServiceForLife

just noticed that my SP2 line is no longer ringing the phone (SP1 is fine).  I can make **2 outbound calls, but cannot receive any.  I checked GV setting and all are ok.  I'm able to receive calls for that GV number on Talkatone fine.  So it appears to be an issue with OBi somewhere.

I rebooted the OBi 100 device, but it did not resolve the issue.  Also noticed that Obion app is not getting the calls either.  Have set that up to receive SP2 only.

Thanks,

****Update:  I logged out of Talkatone on iOS and it solved the problem.  SP2 now rings.  After talking with OBi support, there appears to be a conflict with Talkatone and Google Chat where calls don't get forwarded.  Support suggested deleting the app, but just signing out resolved the issue.

SidTutor

I am having the same problem exactly but do not know what talkatone is.  I have Obion on my cell phone but do not have any idea if that is related.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: FreeServiceForLife on June 15, 2013, 05:37:21 PM
just noticed that my SP2 line is no longer ringing the phone (SP1 is fine).  I can make **2 outbound calls, but cannot receive any.  I checked GV setting and all are ok.  I'm able to receive calls for that GV number on Talkatone fine.  So it appears to be an issue with OBi somewhere.

I rebooted the OBi 100 device, but it did not resolve the issue.  Also noticed that Obion app is not getting the calls either.  Have set that up to receive SP2 only.

Thanks,

****Update:  I logged out of Talkatone on iOS and it solved the problem.  SP2 now rings.  After talking with OBi support, there appears to be a conflict with Talkatone and Google Chat where calls don't get forwarded.  Support suggested deleting the app, but just signing out resolved the issue.

The way to troubleshoot this in the future is: Look in the GV Call History, observe the incoming call, (unfortunately GV does not log which forwarding phones an individual call is sent to).
Then look in the Obi Call History, and see if you have the same incoming call on your SP2 line. The breakdown as you observed will be evident somewhere between the two points.

Call History for new users: Not viewable via the ObiTalk Portal. You have to access via the Web Server-Based Local Configuration  (also called The OBi Device Management Web Page also called direct IP address interface), How to link.