News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202, ooma telo, 3 lines to traditional pbx with 3 different providers?

Started by Tuan, June 16, 2013, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuan

My business has an existing traditional pbx. I used to have 3 pots lines hooked up to it but I wanted something less expensive so I turned to VoIP. I recently purchased an Ooma Telo to replace my 3 pots lines, but it has limited features.

The reason for my logic of using multiple services is VoIP is known to go down more often than traditional pots.  I read that Callcentric was down last year.  Ooma was also down several years ago.

I just recently purchase a obi202 in an attempt to revive the PBX. I hooked up one of the two ata lines of the obi202 to the PBX and it worked. I just used the free gv account to test, but eventually would want something more robust like anveo business and VoIP.ms

I just want to have my customers call in to one main line.  I'd like to set up the service to hunt for other available lines if first line is busy.  Is it a good idea to setup the main line to anveo business through obi sp1, second line with VoIP.ms to sp2, ooma to sp3?

If it would be better, I can use two obi202's for 4 lines and get rid of ooma.

xriddle

Bump I would like to know this too.

How do I do call cascading so if one line is busy it goes to the next?

Is that even possible with ObiPlus

Shale

I think you would have whoever you port that main number to to do the cascading.

So with Anveo, you can have a call to that number go to a particular SIP if it is available. Otherwise go to a second sip if available,  and so on. You could even have it preferentially route to a different phone preferentially depending on who is calling. So some numbers could route to the boss's desk, where maybe for most callers the boss's phone only rings initially if the other 2 lines are occupied.

I am confident that other SIP providers can effectively do the same thing.

So the transfer on busy would be by the SIP provider, as I envision it.

xriddle

Can anyone confirm this working. Does freephoneline do this with multiple numbers if I port to them.