News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cananadian Pots line to Google Voice

Started by erocs, June 22, 2013, 06:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

There are 2 Auto Provisioning entries. ITSP and OBiTalk. Make sure you are disabling OBiTalk.

giqcass

Quote from: erocs on June 24, 2013, 04:09:18 PM
So to summarize...someone wants to call me, they dial the local access number in sipbroker, an automated voice comes on the line telling them to input the number they wish to call, so they enter my google voice number which is 1-956-XXX-XXXX and the phone rings on Obi. But does that not mean they are still phoning long distance from their end, or they are not because they are going through sipbroker?

thanks again for your patience

As long as the sipbroker access number is a local call no one pays long distance.  The cool part of the sipbroker gateway is people can call you from many countries without paying long distance. 

You might find these articles interesting.  Many phones allow the ability to add a pause during the dialing sequence.  A pause is usually represented by a comma.  Someone can add you as a contact in the following manner.  Assuming 1956XXXXXXX is your Google Voice number the following string would dial you on an Android phone in one click.
12044804085,,1956XXXXXXX

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/10/how-to-add-hard-wait-and-soft-2-3-sec-pauses-to-your-android-contacts/

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2495/iphone_insert_dialing_pause_into_contact_phone_numbers/

Long live our new ObiLords!

erocs

Have to thank you both azrobert and giqcass, for the help and patience. Very much appreciated.

azrobert...finally got it working, works perfectly.

giqcass...thanks for the info and the links. I will be sure to read them and try it out. I have an Android Phone.

Although some of these things seem a little daunting at first (I am definitely not a youngster), the reward at the end, to make things easier, is certainly worth it.

Would not have been able to accomplish this without help from both of you.

Jim
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada