News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Flowroute (or generic SIP question) with OBi and DHCP

Started by shaegelin, June 30, 2013, 08:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaegelin

I am trying to configure an OBi100 to work with flowroute as my SIP provider.  I know how to add an inbound route for a static IP on flowroute, but I do not have a static IP.  How do I route incoming calls to find my OBi without a static IP?  Does the OBi 100 somehow "check-in" periodically with OBiTalk?

More generally, if I have an incoming DID purchased from my SIP provider (or free from Google Voice), how do I route that number without a static IP?  If I take the OBi on vacation, how do incoming calls find the OBi when plugged in on a new network somewhere else? 

Thanks,

Steve

Shale

When you have a SIP provider, the OBi signs in withGV or the SIP provider. So at that point, the service provider knows the IP and port to use. The OBi continues to keep in contact with the provider periodically to keep the path open.

Normally the OBi does indeed keep in contact with OBiTalk (unless you turn that off). That allows calls made from OBi to OBi without a SIP provider to be connected, and I think it may allow direct SIP incoming calls from non-OBis who know your OBi number; I don't remember the details on that, since I did not want to use that. OBiTalk does not get involved in GV or SIP provider calls.