News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller Alert confusion between SP's

Started by Hortoristic, July 01, 2013, 12:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

My caller alert (2nd line), doesn't seem to be working right - but I think it's my setup.

Here it is:
SP1=GV (I have GV forward all calls to Callcentric - outgoing calls only)
SP2=voip.ms (sip) (for international outgoing calls)
SP3=Callcentric (I foward all GV calls to this sip so I get names lookup - incoming calls only)
SP4=UK DID (sip) (for UK incoming calls)

So if my wife calls my work from GV SP1 and we are talking and someone else calls my house (GV #), which is then forwarded to CC for names lookup, naturally GV doesn't know about a 2nd call - only the OBI would.  From the OBI's standpoint, GV has an outgoing call and SP2 has an incoming call.

Is there something I can change so if I'm on a call on any of my SP's - and another call comes into a different SP, that it can make my phone beep so we can toggle lines?

The only quick fix I can think of is to disable GV call forwarding to CC so that all but my UK DID have incoming and outgoing calls on GV.

RFord

Your post is confusing.  According to your setup, the second call to your home GV number is being routed through CC.  Therefore, the incoming calls should be routed to SP3, not SP2! 

You haven't indicated how the SPs are distributed between PH1 and PH2.  Is it:

Phone 1: SP1, SP2
Phone 2: SP3, SP4

If you want callwaiting alert to "beep" (and/or show caller id) on incoming calls to SP3 (you GV incoming line), while using the Phone attached to Phone Port 1, then your incoming Call Route must reflect that.  In other words, the setup should be:

Phone 1: SP1, SP3
Phone 2: SP2, SP4

Of course, the appropriate callwaiting boxes need to be enabled.

Hortoristic

Trying to clarify your note on the "incoming call route" - you said:

I'm using the local web site interface, not OBITalk portal - which group do I go into - I'm not seeing how to make this change in the Physical Interfaces > Phone1 Port or Phone2 Port ?

And to help me understand why this change would work - maybe I'm more confused why I have two phone ports, I'm using an OBI202 so I can't plug in a landline PSTN - what is the difference between the two ports under Physical Interfaces section?

Quote from: RFord on July 01, 2013, 01:25:58 PM
Your post is confusing.  According to your setup, the second call to your home GV number is being routed through CC.  Therefore, the incoming calls should be routed to SP3, not SP2! 

You haven't indicated how the SPs are distributed between PH1 and PH2.  Is it:

Phone 1: SP1, SP2
Phone 2: SP3, SP4

If you want callwaiting alert to "beep" (and/or show caller id) on incoming calls to SP3 (you GV incoming line), while using the Phone attached to Phone Port 1, then your incoming Call Route must reflect that.  In other words, the setup should be:

Of course, the appropriate callwaiting boxes need to be enabled.

RFord

Your OBi202 have two Phone Ports, which means you can attach two separate analog phones to these ports or a two line Phone.  This allows you to have two separate phone in use at any time.  You can setup the OBi202 to have SP1 to SP4 ring only Phone 1 or SP1 - SP4 to only ring phone 2 or any combination in between.  So, you could have calls to SP1 & SP3, ring only Phone port 1 and SP2 and SP4 calls ring Phone 2.

Incoming call route = X_InboundCallRoute

Voice Services  >> SPX Service  >>  X_InboundCallRoute  >>{....},....{...}, {ph1},{ph3}     (X=1,2,3,4)

I do not have an OBi202, so I'm not sure of the way denote PH1/PH2.