News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disable LINE connected account from ringing phone

Started by Hollywood, July 12, 2013, 03:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Hi,

I have an OBI110 with 2 google voice numbers, and a land line account for 911 use.

The Land Line number just started getting numerous spam calls.

How can I disable the Land Line from ringing through the OBI110 to my connected phone?
(I still want Line active and able to make outgoung calls)
I hope to be able to do this through the OBI Dashboard > My device > Expert Config.

I know how to get there, just not what to do. :)
Thanks for any help!

AlanB

You don't need to go into Expert to do that.

Just select the SP you want to not ring the land line, for example SP1, Google Voice.  Then Uncheck Phone 1 and/or Phone 2 from the Incoming call option.

I hope that helps.

Hollywood

Quote from: AlanB on July 12, 2013, 03:28:22 PM
You don't need to go into Expert to do that.

Just select the SP you want to not ring the land line, for example SP1, Google Voice.  Then Uncheck Phone 1 and/or Phone 2 from the Incoming call option.

I hope that helps.

As I stated, it is not SP1 or SP2 that I want to stop from ringing, it is LINE (which has settings in the Expert Configuration Settings). The OBI110 supports 2 VOIP phone numbers and a LAND LINE. It is the Land line I want to suppress from ringing through.

Thanks!

infin8loop

Go to Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port settings and remove either "{ph}" or "ph" (as coded) and perhaps a comma (if present) from the InboundCallRoute.

I don't use the OBiTalk portal so I cannot direct you there in the expert config, but it should be something like the above "local" setting.  Of course if you use the OBiTalk portal you will have to set it there and not "locally" or the local update will be lost when it's refreshed from the OBiTalk portal.

"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

Hollywood

Quote from: infin8loop on July 12, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

Go to Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port settings and remove either "{ph}" or "ph" (as coded) and perhaps a comma (if present) from the InboundCallRoute.

I don't use the OBiTalk portal so I cannot direct you there in the expert config, but it should be something like the above "local" setting.  Of course if you use the OBiTalk portal you will have to set it there and not "locally" or the local update will be lost when it's refreshed from the OBiTalk portal.

I tried that in the OBITALK portal and that parameter had a red "!" next to it. Anyway, it didn't work. I used my web browser and went into the OBI's address and typed admin/admin and tried on that screen. Unclicked Default, deleted "ph", clicked Submit, and clicked Reboot. Calls to the land line number still rang through.

Thanks for trying, that was my guess too, so I thought I would try several times. Too bad :( .

Any other ideas?

QBZappy

Quote from: infin8loop on July 12, 2013, 04:52:51 PM
Of course if you use the OBiTalk portal you will have to set it there and not "locally" or the local update will be lost when it's refreshed from the OBiTalk portal.

Don't worry, this is probably the gotcha that has more newbies confused than any other part of an OBi set up. No fault of any new user, but it gets tiring having to address this point Ad nauseam. It seems that if obihai sees so many people bump their head on that beam they could make that point more clear or redesign that part to make it easier to understand. It should be as prominent as their 911 warning on the box.

You need to understand this:
Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

If you started configuring via the portal, your changes on the local unit will not stick because the portal settings over ride any changes made locally. You can change this behavior if you like. The meaning of the"!" can be understood if you read the above mentioned thread.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hollywood

Quote from: QBZappy on July 12, 2013, 06:42:49 PM
The meaning of the"!" can be understood if you read the above mentioned thread.

Thanks, so on the portal, "!" means your setting is NOT default. Now I know not to use both the portal and direct access to change settings.

So.... I used the portal, changed InboundCallRoute to blank, and saved. closed my browser, physically re-powered the OBI to reboot. Went back to the portal and InboundCallRoute is still blank. so the change seems to stick, but if I call my land line number, the phone connected to the OBI still rings.

thanks again for all of your help  :), but anyone have ideas to stop the LINE account from ringing through?

ianobi

The InboundCallRoute rule should not be blank it should be {}

If left blank OBi defaults to phone as it has no definite rule. {} is a definite rule telling OBi to ring nothing.

It's all part of OBi's weird grammar and punctuation   :)

Hollywood

Quote from: ianobi on July 13, 2013, 12:45:14 AM
The InboundCallRoute rule should not be blank it should be {}

If left blank OBi defaults to phone as it has no definite rule. {} is a definite rule telling OBi to ring nothing.

It's all part of OBi's weird grammar and punctuation   :)

THANK YOU! Thank You! thank you!

It works perfectly! :)

and thanks to everyone that contributed to finding a solution.