News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice & Obihai now 100% dropped calls - was 0%

Started by ctbarker32, July 24, 2013, 07:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctbarker32

Hi,

I've been using GV with the Obihai voip hardware for about a year. During that the time, the service has been excellent with little or no problems.

In the past few weeks I have noticed an enormous increase in dropped calls. Basically, I had zero dropped calls and now every call (incoming, outgoing) gets dropped. Some in as little as 45 seconds. The longest call  I can attain now is about seven minutes.

I have Verizon Fios 50/25, Obihai, and GV. I realize the problem could be with any of these vendors. But, I have made no changes in either Fios or Obihai in many months. I am aware that there has been maintenance and upgrades of GV recently and I wonder if that could be the cause of my large increase in dropped calls?

Should I be patient and hope the dropped calls will dissipate? Or, are there any steps I can take to improve my situation. At the 100% level the dropped calls are more than just an annoyance.

Thanks.

-CB

Jessie

I have the same problem. I have OBI110 and Google Voice combined as my landline. The setup had been working fine for about a year. About a month ago, sometime in late July, the calls started to drop in the middle. At this point almost all phone calls will be dropped if more than a couple of minutes. I have updated the firmware, reset everything (modem, router, OBI110) to no avail. Any insights?

Smee

Quote from: Jessie on September 11, 2013, 06:42:59 PM
I have the same problem. I have OBI110 and Google Voice combined as my landline. The setup had been working fine for about a year. About a month ago, sometime in late July, the calls started to drop in the middle. At this point almost all phone calls will be dropped if more than a couple of minutes. I have updated the firmware, reset everything (modem, router, OBI110) to no avail. Any insights?

You can always log into your Obi and and look at the statistics.  The may tell you if you are dropping packets.  If you are familiar with & have a Syslog server, you can always have you your Obi send its logging data to it so you can review messages it is sending during a dropped call.  You can also try and determine if it is a Google Voice issues by using something like Groove IP for android or Talkatone of iOS and see if you drop the calls just like the OBI.   Try it within your home network as well as a friends to rule out your ISP as the cause.  You can also take your OBI to your friends house to try and replicate the issue there.  What you want to try to do is rule your OBI out as the possible source of the issue.

Smee

Hortoristic

Iuse2Fish

One thing to check.. Have you changed the password on your GMAIL account?  You might want to go into the SP configuration and re-enter your password.   I had the same issue and found out my wife reset the gmail password..   

Rick

Today I used Google Voice without my OBi - I tried using GV with the OBi but the tones wouldn't trip the WebEx system.

Anyway, my point is that I used GV to make the call and ring my cell phone (thereby getting a free call because my GV is in my friends and family).  Worked fine but dropped TWICE in a 30 minute call.  Very frustrating.

swan2swan

Hi  :)

I have increasing problems with my Obi not connecting OUT and not receiving IN calls! Often after I dial,  a recording is saying:

"There is no service available to complete your call."

When there is a connection, static is unbearable - I can't hear my callers or they can't hear me.

I have this Obi100 since the end of June, I think. All was OK until about the beginning of July and it is getting worst daily.

I changed nothing in my GV settings. I tried all the recommended fixes... here and everywhere
Very frustrating - what to do? I need my phone line working!  :)

Shale

Try a different phone.

Do you get the same static when you call the echo test?: dial
**9 222 222 222

Do you have a separate router? If so, try plugging your OBi directly into your modem as a test. Reboot your router. Do things improve?

swan2swan

Thank you so much for your advice - sorry that I did not see your post until now. I will try your recommendations. Maybe I need to buy a new Router.