News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cant dial out

Started by Rustifer, July 27, 2013, 10:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustifer

When trying to dial out, I get the message "Google voice service connection error" If you have recently changed your Google account password, please log into Obitalk.com and change it there, as well.

I have done this and still get this message. What to do next ?

Shale

Rustifer

So far, backing off is the only thing that looks familiar and could be the problem since I dont use 2 step verification. I deleted my gmail from GV.  Seems like that once worked for another problem. Deleting and reinstalling gmail to GV. But now, I can't remember how to do that.

So, new question, how do I associate gmail with GV ?

Shale

Did you do this part? If so, maybe try it again.
Make a Call Using the Gmail Call Phone Feature
To use the Google Voice communications service on your OBi, you must have made at least one call from your Gmail account's "Call Phone" feature. To do this, sign-in to Gmail at: www.gmail.com and place a call from your computer's browser with the Gmail "Call Phone" function located on the lower left side of the Gmail window.

See http://www.obihai.com/tutorial1.html

I think that is one the things pointed to in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

Rustifer

Disregard my last statement, how do I associate gmail with GV ? It just showed up on its on. Email address on GV is exactly the same as what I have on my gmail account. So that has nothing to do with dialing out problem.

Backing Off:

The status indicator, "Backing off" means the OBi is not connecting to Google Voice. Check the following to fix this issue:

a. You are using 2-Step Verification. Turn-off 2-step verification by going to your Google Account Settings, select Secutity and Turn-Off 2-step verification.

"No" I am not using 2 step verification.

b. The Google account user name that you are using for the OBi configuration is not the Primary email address in your Google Account settings. To check your Google account's Primary email address, go to Account Settings and verify the email address shown as the "Primary email" is the same email address you are using with the OBiTALK Google Voice set-up. Click Here for more.

It is the exact same in every way.

c. Be sure to check and see if your OBi has the most up-to-date software. To check, dial ***6 from the phone connected to the OBi. The announcement will let you know if there is an update. If there is, press 1 and hang-up. Your OBi will automatically update and restart in about 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, if you are logged-in to OBiTALK and see a yellow triangle to the right of your OBi device, you may click on the yellow triangle to start the automatic update.

Firmware is up to date.

d. You have not yet made a call with Gmail's Call Phone feature because you do not have a Gmail account. Click on the "Gmail" or "Mail" link in the top-left corner of the GV web-page. From there, you will be prompted to create a Gmail account. This is a required step in case you don't have Gmail account associated with the GV account. After you complete the Gmail sign-up, please check the primary email on the Google Account, and enter the primary email (likely to be ...@gmail.com) to your OBi device configuration. (Click Here for more.)

Not sure where in my OBi device this can be configured.

Also, remember to check the Forwards to: Google Chat option in your Google Voice Settings Phones Tab.

Yes, forwarded to Google voice.

Shale

Quote from: Rustifer on July 27, 2013, 03:23:34 PM

d. You have not yet made a call with Gmail's Call Phone feature because you do not have a Gmail account. Click on the "Gmail" or "Mail" link in the top-left corner of the GV web-page. From there, you will be prompted to create a Gmail account. This is a required step in case you don't have Gmail account associated with the GV account. After you complete the Gmail sign-up, please check the primary email on the Google Account, and enter the primary email (likely to be ...@gmail.com) to your OBi device configuration. (Click Here for more.)

Not sure where in my OBi device this can be configured.

Making that phone call has nothing to do with OBi. It is done totally from your web browser, and it might be best to use Chrome for that.

Then setting up the OBi is easiest if you don't set up the OBi device in the OBi device, but if you set it up in OBiTalk. You probably meant that.

QuoteAlso, remember to check the Forwards to: Google Chat option in your Google Voice Settings Phones Tab.

Yes, forwarded to Google voice.
You mean forwarded to Google Chat.

Rustifer

Chrome. That made all the difference.

Thank you for your help.