December 14, 2017, 01:00:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product: OBiLINE FXO to USB Phone Line Adapter  (Read 318156 times)
ObihaiCustSvc

« on: July 27, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »

When the OBi202 initially came out, one of the first things members of the OBiTALK forum requested was a way to integrate telco line / PSTN service connectivity with the powerful features of the OBi202 ... and now, we can include the OBi200 as well.  

We listened and got to work on creating a product that could be used as a USB accessory on the OBi2xx and OBi3xx that allows adding a PSTN Line service to the already long list of available voice services supported on the platform; Up to 4 SIP and/or Google services, plus OBiTALK P2P calling and up to 2 cellular services (via OBiBT).  Calls to and from any service can be connected to the phone port(s) of the OBi or they can be bridged thru the OBi to any service.

The new product is called OBiLINE.  OBiLINE works with USB equipped OBi200 Series and OBi300 Series devices to provide PSTN / POTS connectivity to phones attached to the OBi as well as calls bridged from VoIP services to a land-line service.

OBiLINE is available now at Amazon for $34.99 with free shipping.

Click Here to go to the item for sale at Amazon.com .  

Here are some of the things you can do with an OBiLINE USB adapter:
- Make Calls to a Land-Line Service from Phones Connected to the OBi
- Route Incoming Calls from Land-Line to OBi Device Phone Ports
- Bridge Calls from Land-Line with VoIP Services (Google, SIP, OBiTALK)
- Easy Configuration via the OBiTALK Web Portal
- Note: Only One (1) OBiLINE per OBi VoIP Device May be Used

More information, documentation and FAQ's will be coming in the following days, but we wanted to pre-announce the availability new and exciting OBiLINE product to the OBiTALK forum and social networking community friends first.

Thanks always for your feedback and support.
Obihai Technology, Inc.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:00:21 pm by ObihaiCustSvc » Logged
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »

More information, documentation and FAQ's will be coming in the following days, but we wanted to pre-announce the availability new and exciting OBiLINE product to the OBiTALK forum and social networking community friends first.

Thanks always for your feedback and support.
Obihai Technology, Inc.

This feels like the correct way to make a new offering. Nice product enhancement for those that need it.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
giqcass

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »

I left the landline so long ago I can't see myself using this but I like having the option.  If my local telco ever decided to offer a competitive price I might actually go back. Maybe someone will find a creative way to use this outside of the intended function.  It would be nice if we could use it for a third line.  It's good to see new options coming out for the OBi line.

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
N7AS

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »

Instead of a POTS line, you could also connect another ATA such as a PAP2T, NetTalk, the phone port of a cable modem (Comcast, etc.) or even one phone port of another OBi202.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:48:31 pm by N7AS » Logged

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
dircom

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

Would this make a 202 almost equivalent to two 110's?  If so I don't see the point, why don't they make a "210"?
Ostracus

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 01:43:05 am »

The main advantage the Obi110 had is that fallback relay. This device plus the Obi202 is more like the new Obi110s.
carl

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »

I left the landline so long ago I can't see myself using this ... Maybe someone will find a creative way to use this outside of the intended function.  It would be nice if we could use it for a third line.  It's good to see new options coming out for the OBi line.

+1
ProfTech

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »

Sounds like an interesting upgrade. I use DSL and have no intention of getting rid of my land line, at least until VOIP matures and ISP services improve. I like the 110 as it became pretty useful somewhere around 1.3 build 2711. Even after that, they added numerous features to make it work better and more useful. It is the only product at it's price point to effectively utilize the PSTN. I too have noticed the lack of anything happening since 2774 but with the release of the 200 and this new add on it is pretty obvious the 110 has reached it's maintenance stage. I suspect mostly due to hardware limitations. I would like to play with the 200 and this new adapter but at $95 for the package probably won't until my 110 gets hit by lightning or otherwise dies.
Felix

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »

For me it looks like a solution in search of a problem. Obviously, if it was indeed one of the first things members of the OBiTALK forum requested (I assume it is this forum, and I can't find anything relevant) - then OBiHai will sell thousands of units and my skepticism is completely irrelevant.

I any event, good luck!

By the way, one of the first things members of the OBiTALK forum really requested was some telephony functionality on the USB stick. Say, voicemail storage, or fax server - you know, something more related to telephone adapter than a crippled NFS mount.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:51:22 pm by Felix » Logged
Ostracus

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 07:50:44 am »

If a FAX modem was built in that would make it more useful for some.
QBZappy

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 08:57:54 am »

Well if we are going down this path, I think that the missing automatic relay switch is what caused the biggest outcry here. I believe that most potential buyers would gladly pay an extra few dollars for the return of this relay which in some cases is a safety feature. It could very well be that because of the nature of the switch being a safety fallback to the PSTN line, the legal boys at obihai decided that eliminating the relay would remove any chance of liability in the event of a user needing it. Funny how other manufacturers offering voip products with auto fallback to PSTN (Grandstream) don't consider it a risk. If the USB device can be used on other products, it may be possible that it can outsell the OBi202 since the ecosystem for digital pbxes is much larger that the OBi202 ecosystem.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
drgeoff

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 10:50:08 am »

The product I would like to see is an updated 110 with Bluetooth built in (or USB instead of the BT as a second best alternative).  Capability of more VoIP services would be nice too.

Perhaps the above can be achieved with an OBi202, OBiBT, OBiLine and and a USB hub but it isn't as tidy as having it all in one box.

And bring back the relay.
Ostracus

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 08:41:22 pm »

Well if we are going down this path, I think that the missing automatic relay switch is what caused the biggest outcry here. I believe that most potential buyers would gladly pay an extra few dollars for the return of this relay which in some cases is a safety feature. It could very well be that because of the nature of the switch being a safety fallback to the PSTN line, the legal boys at obihai decided that eliminating the relay would remove any chance of liability in the event of a user needing it. Funny how other manufacturers offering voip products with auto fallback to PSTN (Grandstream) don't consider it a risk. If the USB device can be used on other products, it may be possible that it can outsell the OBi202 since the ecosystem for digital pbxes is much larger that the OBi202 ecosystem.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2923.msg20129#msg20129

I think RonR hit upon the reason why the relay was removed.
Juste

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 05:41:58 pm »

Could anyone confirm OBiLine can work through a USB hub with OBiWiFi and OBiBT ?

I know OBiWiFi and OBiBT have no conflicts. How about the new product ?

Thanks
Mango

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 06:13:15 am »

And bring back the relay.

Agreed.  Removal of this feature cripples what was a (imho) perfect piece of hardware.  Literally the most common reason for keeping a POTS line that I see is that it will work in power outages.  I guess my options if my device ever died would be to switch to Grandstream or convince someone to sell me an older OBi110.

Usetheforceobiwan

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 08:01:47 pm »

Could anyone confirm OBiLine can work through a USB hub with OBiWiFi and OBiBT ?

I know OBiWiFi and OBiBT have no conflicts. How about the new product ?

Thanks

I had an Obi202 with a  4 port USB hub, 2 ObiBt's, an ObiWifi and an Obiline.  It works but it not's ideal.  Sometimes calls get cut off if you try to use two of the voice platforms simultaneously (i.e a call coming in the Bt trunk and going out / bridged to the Obiline).   I recently ditched the ObiWifi as I had the Obi202 hardwired so I could feed an adjacent network appliance.  Hoping that removal of one of the devices make the three (2 ObiBt and Obiline) work perfect together.
Usetheforceobiwan

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42:35 pm »

Alright, some more time spent with my setup and I'm convinced that if you go with the Obiline, don't have anything else on the USB connector other than it.  I think the USB gets too saturated if you try to connect anything more than one device.
YASH

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 08:52:13 am »

I am still confused about the need and purpose of this product.
I have obi202 and on below link, I read mixed opinions reviews for this product.

http://www.amazon.com/OBiLINE-FXO-Phone-Line-Adapter/product-reviews/B00DP4YOJ6/ref=dpx_acr_rat_t2_txt?showViewpoints=1

btw,,… does this product provide a third line to the obi202, which works via usb port?

If that’s the purpose, for a third additional line,….  I had rather buy another obi110 and had bridged with obi202, and by that way also, I can have three lines.

And, on ebay you can buy obi110 also the new one at the same price almost shipped to your house.
So,.. what is the need of this piece, that I am missing?   Someone,  pray explain.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:03:09 am by YASH » Logged
Ostracus

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 03:41:15 am »

$$$$$$$-------->Obihai. Grin
MikeHObi

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47:21 am »

I am still confused about the need and purpose of this product.

The FXO to USB phone Line Adapter essentially adds  phone jack to the obi that you can plug in a phone line from the cable or telephone company.  This allows you to receive or place calls through a POTS line on your Obi.

Such a port is popular for people who maintain land line POTS service for any number of reasons but use an Obi for long distance or international calling.  The Obi110 has such a FXO port built into the device.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:39:24 am by MikeHObi » Logged

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: