News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up landline as SP1 w/fwd to GV? Also, no caller ID incoming.

Started by JOrkney95, August 04, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOrkney95

Hi all,

I have an Obihai 110 on which I set up my Google Voice account easily under SP2.  Inbound and outbound calls to/from that number appear to work fine, w/caller ID working both ways.

I have a landline with AT&T.  I'd like to set it up as SP1 and have all the additional services (including Caller ID) work, plus, I'd like to set it up so that after X number of rings (giving me a chance to answer and screen Caller ID), the call will be forwarded to my Google Voice number.  So far, I can receive calls on my landline, but there's no caller ID, so I suspect non of the other services will work until it's configured properly.

I've looked at the expert config pages and am completely lost as to which page(s) to use, what information to type in, and so on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

drgeoff

You can't (and don't need to) set a landline as SP1 or (SP2).  SP1 and SP2 are only for SIP or GoogleVoice VoIP.

Have you read the Obi Device Administration Guide?  On-line and pdf versions available at http://obihai.com/docs-downloads.php.

You need to discover which of these two is the reason for no caller ID on incoming landline calls:

1. The Obi110 is not recognising/decoding the caller ID info from the landline.

2. The caller ID info sent by the Obi110 to the phone is missing, incorrect or the phone is not recognising/decoding it.

Use the 'Call History' to see if the Obi is getting caller numbers OK from the landline.

That caller ID works on incoming GV calls indicates that when the Obi110 sends caller ID to the phone it is displayed OK.

Rick

JOrkney95

That's disappointing.  Nothing I'd read indicated that any of the premium services that the Obihai offered also had to be carried separately by the landline account.  I cut all extras off my landline in anticipation of the Obihaid providing them (the ones advertised), particularly caller ID.  If that had been clear, I'd have reconsidered buying the unit.

Rick

Not a premium service.  It will display callerid data if the service provider sends it.  AT&T requires you to pay for the data.

Everton

Callerid = DID, e.g, 1-212-555-1212

CNAM = Name of the calling party = Smith, John

I'm sure you are getting CallerID from AT&T (never heard of paying for Callerid), but you have to pay for CNAM.  Please confirm which of the above you are talking about.

You have to be the first and only individual to get the impression that an ATA/OBi110 would provide "premium" features.  You should ask questions in the future, instead of making rather silly assumptions!  SMH

Rick

Quote from: Everton on August 04, 2013, 10:35:40 PM
I'm sure you are getting CallerID from AT&T (never heard of paying for Callerid)

You may not have heard of it, but AT&T charges for callerid.  I ported from an AT&T landline to GV after 3 1/2 years with AT&T and no callerid.  It is a feature they charge for.

dircom