News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The power led on the OBI110 is flashing and there is no network connection

Started by Orlando, August 07, 2013, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orlando

Hello everyone!

I bought this Obi110 about three months ago and it was working without any problem. This afternoon I was trying to make a call with it but it did not go through, then I found that the power light on the device is flashing and the other three lights are off. I tried to reboot my router, switch the ethernet cable and port in my router but it did not work. The cable and router are OK since I tested with a laptop. Also I tried to reset the device using a paper clip pressing 15 seconds in the reset button and put it back. Did not help either. From the user guide it says flashing green means "The OBi is looking for a DHCP IP address", so I checked the DHCP table in my router and the device does not appear. Looks like there is no connection with my router and something is wrong with the Obi110.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Shale

Change to 100 Mb ethernet... I don't know why that would cause your symptom, but do it anyway. You put it back to 10 when you did the factory reset.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5454.0

After that doesn't help the symptom, try carrying your OBi to a friend's router and connect with your friend's cable. I don't know what to suspect, but that seems like a reasonable test.

If you still get the flashing green, I would look to replace your OBi.

Orlando

Thanks for helping me.

I tried your instructions and I still have the same problem, I don't know what else to do. Is very weird.

Do you think I have to contact support to replace it or something?

Shale

It seems easy to carry your OBi to a friend's router and connect with your friend's router with your friend's Ethernet cable before contacting OBi. You would not even have to hook up a phone-- just power and Ethernet.

If that is not practical, or if the flashing green continues at your friend's house, contact OBi.