News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Won't Ring from Specific Caller

Started by threehappypenguins, August 18, 2013, 07:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threehappypenguins

I have an Obi202 with AcroVoice on SP1, Google Voice on SP2, Sip2Sip account on SP3, and FreePhoneLine on SP4. Anything 7 digits or less goes out SP1, anything 11 digits through PH2 goes through FreePhoneLine, and anything 11 digits goes trhough PH1 through Google Voice (I don't want it set up that way, but I'm still waiting for the really annoying AutoProvisioning from AcroVoice to relinquish control of certain parts of my Obi202).

Out here in Nova Scotia we have something called "811" (because it's 3 digits, it automatically goes out through AcroVoice). It's like a tele-health service that you call if you have health questions or aren't sure if it's a medical emergency or not.

We use this service a lot because my husband... well... he has issues and we use this service a lot! LOL!

The way it works is that you call, speak to a secretary person, they get your information and phone number, and then have a registered nurse call you back.

I wait, never get the call, and then I see in my emails that I received a voicemail. Then I call them back, tell them my phone didn't ring and that I received the voice mail, and then they tell me that a registered nurse will try again. And so the cycle continues. Then I have to argue with them to say it's not ringing my phone and that I need to just be transferred to a nurse. They tell me that there is no "hold que" option and that I have to wait to receive the call. Sometimes I have to hang up on the person and try a different person. Then eventually I might get a person who will just wait with me until a registered nurse is available to speak to, and I'll get transferred.

Needless to say, it's REALLY annoying, especially if my husband is sitting there puking his brains out, or *possibly* having an anaphylactic reaction, etc. I don't want to call 911, because then they just send out an ambulance and a fire truck (which I've had to do before), and my landlord next door runs over and wonders what's going on, etc. I just want to speak with a registered nurse! Arggg!!!

Someone please help me fix this problem!!! I know it's not the fact that they're private or that my phone blocks unknown callers because I receive calls from other unknown callers.

threehappypenguins

Oh, and I also have tried giving them my AcroVoice number and my FreePhoneLine number (I don't have a Google Voice number), and neither will ring my Obi. Just ring on their end, and then go to voicemail.

Shale

See how those problem calls look in the call history log.

To check the call history log:

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Write it
down.

2.Let a comma represent a pause. On your connected phone,
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1 (for OBi202 for first time to enable WAN web access).
For OBi100, 110, 200 or subsequent OBi202 access instead dial just ***1.

Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write
that down.

3. Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your
browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer,
Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.

4. On the left, click Status -> Call History.

threehappypenguins

All I ever do is log into the Obi via IP address. It is not on the dashboard because of the AcroVoice autoprovisioning. I'm familiar with the interface.

811 didn't call me back this time because I just know it won't work. After 30 minutes of bantering back and forth with numerous call agents, I gave up because my husband's symptoms seemed to have improved.

From what I remember with the call history is that it doesn't show up at all in the Obi. But it will show up in the AcroVoice history on their website, and the Freephoneline history on their website.

Shale

In http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5466.0 I think you selected a method that will disallow caller IDs that have few digits.

I suggest that you undo that method, and instead switch to http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0 method 4 or 5. I suspect the call comes in with caller ID of 811, or some other short string.

I found your prior post by Googling AcroVoice "autoprovisioning"

threehappypenguins

This problem was existent before I started receiving the SIP scanner calls, therefore before I entered the Inboundcallroute info to block numbers shorter than 4 digits.

Shale

Quote from: threehappypenguins on August 18, 2013, 07:59:25 AM
This problem was existent before I started receiving the SIP scanner calls, therefore before I entered the Inboundcallroute info to block numbers shorter than 4 digits.

I guess you are sure. What does the caller ID info look like on the the logs from your SIP providers? If it is 811 or other short or otherwise blocked string, you will have to change your SIP scanner prevention method anyway.

I don't know what AcroVoice autoprovisioning is, so I don't know why that prevents you from using OBiTalk. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4682.0 was your earlier thread on that, so maybe somebody will see a setting there which would account for your symptoms.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=707.0 could be of use to you in advanced troubleshooting, but I am not sure it would log incoming attempts that are blocked somehow. It has been a while since I tried it.

Wireshark can be used at the ethernet packet level, and it has some knowledge of SIP packets. Its use requires that the computer and the OBi be on the same real hub (such as Netgear DS104), and not on a switch that is called a hub (and those are more common). A real hub sells for a premium today. Ebay can be a good source for more reasonably priced ones. I bought mine used without a power supply, so I got a better price. http://wiki.wireshark.org/HubReference lists known hubs that work with Wireshark.   The simplest question would be do packets arrive when you get the return call. If so, the content of packets is the next step. Wireshark is not so easy to use and interpret, and I hope you get this handled without having to muck around to that level.