News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Cell Phones Pairing with ObiBT

Started by RFJUNKS, August 20, 2013, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFJUNKS

Can I pair multiple(2 minimum) Cell phones with Obi200 + ObiBT combination  ???
I want both connected and call from either of the paired Cell can be received on Cordless.
I understand, when any Cell is active/in-call other wont ring my Cordless.

Thanks for the help.

drgeoff

Quote from: RFJUNKS on August 20, 2013, 09:31:26 AM
Can I pair multiple(2 minimum) Cell phones with Obi200 + ObiBT combination  ???
I want both connected and call from either of the paired Cell can be received on Cordless.
I understand, when any Cell is active/in-call other wont ring my Cordless.

Thanks for the help.
I've never used OBiBT so the following is based solely on my reading of the Device Administration Guide.  My understanding is that although the OBi with OBiBT can remember and pair with up to 10 cell phones, it can be paired with only one at any one time.  This interpretation is strengthened by the descriptions on page 125 (pdf version)

"PreferredPairedDevice. Select which paired device is preferred, in the event that more than one paired device are in range. The value is automatically set to the device that explicitly requested connection with OBiBT."

"PairedDeviceN, N = 1, 2, ..., 10: The name of the device that has successfully paired with OBiBT."

RFJUNKS

Thanks DrGeoff, let me try to understand your reply -

Hardware Items-
1 Obi200 and 1 ObiBT, and 2 Cell Phones

When Cell1 and Cell2 both are connected (bt paired and kept in range) with ObiBT and if any one of them will ring, my Cordless phone will ring.
Is it correct to say this???

I understand when the call with Cell1 will be active then if Cell2 gets a call it wont be ringing into Cordless phone.

ObiTeam any reply will be appreciated.

drgeoff

I think not.  My understanding is as follows.

The OBi and OBiBT can remember the pairing details for your two cellphones but at any time it will only connect with one of them.  If both are within range then the PreferredPairedDevice setting is used to select which one.

If a call comes into the one cell phone which is connected then it is handled by the OBi.  A call coming in to the other cellphone will simply ring that cellphone.

(If two previously paired cell phones are in range then the OBi will connect to one of them.  It will not by itself change to the other one - even if that cellphone receives a call - unless the connected one goes out of range.)