News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Chat line on my PC doesn't ring

Started by Spotlight, August 27, 2013, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotlight

After installing the Obi with Google Voice, all works perfectly except that when I'm signed in to Gmail and receive an inbound call, my PC doesn't ring, only the physical phone rings. Since installing the Obi, I no longer have a land-line.

Is there a way to have my PC ring when I'm signed into Gmail like it did when I had the land line?

QBZappy

Welcome,

You can use the OBi unit to fork the call to an OBiAPP installation on your PC. Two simultaneous GV logins seems to be designed to work only on the OBi202 models.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Spotlight

???I don't quite understand.  What OBiAPP, and where do I obtain it?  What do you mean by two Google Voice simultaneous logins.

Thanks.

QBZappy

Spotlight,

GTALK/GCHAT (Google voice) for our purposes are basically the same product. The OBi units have an embedded GTALK/GCHAT client. In the past I have seen that it mimics most (not all) the features of the native client. It is the same thing as being logged in another computer with the same account.

You can find the OBiAPP application on the OBITALK portal on the left side 'Download OBiON'. It works in combination with a sip client. Look it up for more details. Also look up 'forking calls'. There are many examples here.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.